A stock exchange is a place where stocks are bought and sold. Many Indian investors are earmarking the U.S. Stock market to boost their “return-game”. In the US, the stock exchange opens at 9:30 am and closes at 4:00 pm. As per Indian Standard Timing, the U.S. stock exchange opens from 7:00 p.m. IST to 1:30 a.m IST.
The article shares the U.S. Stock Market timings as per Indian time.
USA Market Timings in India
|S. No.||Session||EST Start||EST End||IST Start||IST End|
|1.||Pre-Opening Hours||3:30 a.m.||4:00 a.m.||1:00 p.m.||1:30 p.m.|
|2.||Opening Session||4:00 a.m.||9:30 a.m.||1:30 p.m.||7:00 p.m.|
|3.||Core Trading Hours||9.30 a.m.||4:00 p.m.||7:00 p.m.||1:30 a.m.|
|4.||Closing Auction Freeze Period||3:59 p.m.||4:00 p.m.||1:29 a.m.||1:30 a.m.|
|5.||Extended Hours||4:00 p.m.||8:00 p.m.||1:30 a.m.||5:30 a.m.|
Note that both the NYSE and the NASDAQ have the same timing.
Recommended: India’s Most Expensive Stocks
USA Market Opening Time in India
1. India’s Market Pre-Opening Hours
Before the opening session, orders are filed and entered during Pre-Opening Hours.
- (3:45 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
- (1:00 p.m. 1:30 p.m. (Indian Standard Time).
2. India’s Market Opening Session with the United States
The opening session is the period before the Core Trading session, during which there is some stock activity. During this session, many investors trade, but the sell/purchase options are limited.
- (4:00 a.m. 9:30 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
- (1:30 p.m. 7:00 p.m. (Indian Standard Time).
3. India’s Market Basic Trade Hours
After the opening bell, the main trading session begins. The opening bell signals the end of the first session and the beginning of the Core Trading Hours. These are the most active trading sessions. The main trading session during which all trading facilities operate is known as the core trading session. Investors can buy and sell commodities.
- (9.30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
- (7:00 p.m. 1:30 a.m. (Indian Standard Time).
4. India’s Auction Freeze Period as the US Market Closes
All regular trading facilities are halted while the closing prices are calculated.
- (3:59 p.m. 4:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
- (1:29 a.m. -1:30 a.m. (Indian Standard Time).
5. Extended Market Hours in India
Investors might profit from and react to company news throughout extended hours. Before, extended hours sessions were exclusively open to wealthy investors, but today everyone can trade during this time. In the early extended hours, the closing price is determined.
- (4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
- (1:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. (Indian Standard Time).
Recommended: Harshad Mehta: Allegations, Family, Brother, Wife
USA Stock Market Working Days
The stock market in the United States operates Monday through Friday. The market is closed on Saturdays and Sundays. The following is a list of US stock market holidays.
The stock exchange in the United States opens at 9:30 a.m. and closes at 4:30 p.m. The US stock market is open from 7:00 p.m. to 1:30 a.m., according to Indian Standard Timing (IST).
Notice that both the NYSE and the NASDAQ share the same working days.