It can be difficult to choose the best credit cards in India. Not only in terms of documentation, but also in terms of the numerous possibilities offered by Indian banks.
Cashback, free hotel stays, complimentary flight tickets, and lounge access are all available on the best credit cards in India.
In India, there is no single best credit card that meets everyone’s demands. They differ in terms of features and costs charged per transaction or month.
If you want to get started with getting your first credit card, keep reading for a comparison of the top credit cards in India. In India, some of these have instant credit card approvals.
How to Find Your Credit Score in India?
- How to Find Your Credit Score in India?
- Credit Card India Review – Best Credit Cards in India – 2021
- 1. SBI SimplyClick Credit Card – Best Credit Cards in India For Beginners
- 2. Axis Bank Ace Credit Card – Highly Rewarding
- 3. SBI BPCL Card – Best Card For Fuel Based Rewards
- 4. Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card – One of the Best Credit Cards in India for Co-Branding
- 5. HDFC Regalia Credit Card – One of the Best Premium Cards in India
- 6. IDFC First Credit Cards – One of the Best New Credit Cards in India
- 7. Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
- 8. SBI IRCTC Credit Card – One of the Best Credit Cards in India To Make Your Train Travel Rewarding
- Comparison Chart For The Best Credit Cards in India
- Spend Responsibly With Best Credit Cards in India
- Final Thoughts – Best Credit Cards in India Review
- Frequently Asked Questions
Your credit score will be properly examined before you sign up for any credit card. In essence, your credit score shows your ability to repay credit obligations on schedule. A better credit score indicates that you are more likely to pay your bills on time.
This credit score is calculated using your previous credit transactions. Credit inquiries, loan repayments, duration of credit history, and other factors are among them.
In India, the CIBIL credit score is a three-digit number that ranges from 300 to 900. The maximum credit value is 900, while the lowest is 300.
In India, credit scores are available on four websites, the most popular of which being CIBIL. It has a maximum score of 900, and a score of 750 or higher will qualify you for most credit cards in India.
Before giving you a credit card, CIBIL examines four crucial components of your credit report: Public Records, Credit Inquiries, Account History, and Credit Summary.
Experian, Equifax, and CRIF High Mark are the other companies in India where you can get your credit information.
You can receive the greatest credit cards in India if you have a strong credit score.
Credit Card India Review – Best Credit Cards in India – 2021
In India, the best credit cards are:
- SBI SimplyClick Credit Card is the best credit card in India for new customers.
- Highly Rewarding Axis Bank Ace Credit Card
- Highly Rewarding Axis Bank Ace Credit Card
- ICICI Bank Credit Card for Amazon Pay One of India’s best co-branded cards
- The HDFC Regalia Credit Card is one of India’s best premium credit cards.
- Credit Cards from DFC First One of India’s Top New Credit Cards
- Super Value Titanium Credit Card from Standard Chartered
- To Make Your Train Trip Rewarding, Use SBI IRCTC Credit Card
Recommended: In India, the Best Debit Cards
Here is a list of the top credit cards in India for 2021, based on user reviews, popularity, features, and transaction price. Notice that the list is not thorough and does not include any sort of ranking or popularity.
1. SBI SimplyClick Credit Card – Best Credit Cards in India For Beginners
This is one of the greatest credit cards for newcomers in India. Suitable for consumers who use credit for roughly INR 1 lakh per year. Because the card is issued by the SBI, the organization is extremely secure and reliable.
- On all online transactions, you get 1.25% back, and with certain Amazon merchants, you get 2.5% back. You can also look through Amazon’s offers area to see if this credit card qualifies for any other discounts.
- On Flipkart, you are occasionally rewarded with a 10% discount. Not only that, but as you use the platform, you earn Cleartrip vouchers that you can use to book hotels, flights, and trains.
- The annual fee is INR 499 inclusive of all taxes. You will receive an INR 500 coupon as a welcome gift, which you may use on Amazon. The card’s renewal fees are similarly Rs 499 plus relevant taxes, however this is waived if you spend INR 1 lakh.
2. Axis Bank Ace Credit Card – Highly Rewarding
The credit card offers highly promising benefits for its clients because Google Pay is a partner. You will receive a 2% cashback on practically all purchases, which will be reflected on your bill. This makes it one of the best credit cards for novices in India.
- If you fly domestically frequently, this card offers a variety of lounge access and bonuses.
- The reward rate of this finest credit card in India might range from 2% to 5%, depending on the purchases.
- The joining charge is INR 500 + GST, and the renewal fee is INR 500 + GST. If you spend INR 10,000 or more within 45 days, you will receive your joining fee back.
3. SBI BPCL Card – Best Card For Fuel Based Rewards
The rising fuel prices are in the news at the time of writing this article. People who drive their cars on a regular basis should be concerned about this.
Getting incentives and cashbacks on your fuel purchases is one strategy to mitigate the impact of rising prices. The SBI BPCL Card was created to make this possible. It’s one of the greatest credit cards for gasoline savings in India.
- When you buy petrol from BPCL Fuel Stations, you get 25 times the reward points.
- You get 25 reward points for every INR 100 spend on Bharat Gas, Lubricants, and BPCL Fuel. You can earn up to 2500 reward points in a single billing cycle.
- The card costs INR 1,499 including GST per year. The renewal charge is similarly INR 1,499 + GST, however it is waived if you spend INR 2 lakh or more per year.
- As you speak with the credit card executives, you will learn what the minimum income requirement is.
4. Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card – One of the Best Credit Cards in India for Co-Branding
With the Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card, the advantages of co-branding reach new heights. If you shop on Amazon frequently, the cashback you receive by using this card can add up quickly. The best aspect about this finest credit card in India is that there are no annual or membership fees.
- All Amazon Prime members receive 5% cashback on Amazon purchases. This cashback can be combined with other promotions.
- Non-Prime consumers get 3% cashback on Amazon purchases.
- Purchases over INR 3000 are eligible for no-cost EMI for 3 or 6 months.
- There are no yearly or renewal fees.
5. HDFC Regalia Credit Card – One of the Best Premium Cards in India
It is HDFC’s flagship credit card, and it has been around the credit card landscape for a long time. As a result, the card has a sizable user base.
This card is a step up from Regalia First. You can get discounts at practically all HDFC shops and lower fees on foreign currency exchange transactions with these cards. You also get rewards for reaching certain milestones.
- You can earn 2x, 5x, or 10x reward points from various merchants.
- On annual spending of more than INR 5 lakh, you can earn 10,000 reward points as a milestone reward.
- The membership and renewal fees are both INR 2,500. The renewal charge is waived for annual spending of more than INR 3 lakh.
Applications for this credit card have been temporarily halted as of the publication of this article. However, you can upgrade your HDFC cards if you already have them.
6. IDFC First Credit Cards – One of the Best New Credit Cards in India
This is one of the newest credit cards in India when compared to the other finest credit cards. The benefit of this credit card is that there is no cost to join. If you spend more than INR 20k on the internet every month, this card is especially beneficial.
- The credit card has a low interest rate (about 9% per year).)
- The reward points do not expire.
- All IDFC Credit Cards provide access to the railway lounge.
- For certain transactions, you can earn up to 10 times the real value in reward points.
- No joining fee
7. Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
This card is intended exclusively for consumers who seek incentives for every credit card transaction. This best credit card in India for savings offers cashback and benefits on all purchases, including petrol purchases.
- You get 5% cashback on utility bill payments, fuel purchases, and phone recharges.%
- 1 reward point is earned for every INR 150 spent.
- INR 750 + GST is the annual and renewal charge.
- The minimum monthly income need is INR 55,000.
8. SBI IRCTC Credit Card – One of the Best Credit Cards in India To Make Your Train Travel Rewarding
This card can save you up to 10% on train journeys across India if you are a frequent train traveler. This card is for you if you travel by train more than 40 times per year.
- Besides from IRCTC purchases, you will receive 0.8% as points, with 1 reward point worth INR 125.
- You get 10% points during the peak season of IRCTC reservations and 4% points during the off season.
- INR 500 + GST is the joining and renewal fee.
- You will receive 350 points as a welcome bonus.
Comparison Chart For The Best Credit Cards in India
|Credit Card||Ideal For||Joining Fee||Renewal Fee|
|SBI SimplyClick Credit Card||New Credit Card Customers||INR 499 + taxes||INR 499 + taxes – waived off with spends of INR 1 lakh|
|Axis Bank Ace Credit Card||If you are looking for more rewards||INR 500 + GST||INR 500 + GST|
|SBI BPCL Credit Card||Needing savings on fuel||INR 2500||INR 2500 – waived off with spends of INR 3 lakh|
|Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card||Looking for co-branded cards with high rewards||–||–|
|HDFC Regalia Credit Card||Looking for premium cards||INR 2500||INR 2500 – waived off with spends of 3 lakh|
|IDFC Credit Cards||Looking for unique and latest credit cards||–||–|
|Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card||Looking for rewards with every transaction||INR 750 + GST||INR 750 + GST|
|SBI IRCTC Credit Card||Looking for rewards for train travel||INR 500 + GST||INR 500 + GST|
This list of the finest credit cards in India is by no means complete.
Spend Responsibly With Best Credit Cards in India
A credit card comes with a lot of responsibilities. If you are confident in your ability to manage money, avoid using a credit card.
Almost every online e-commerce site is geared to entice you to spend more money. As a result, you may overspend before you realize it, leaving you with a hefty debt at the end of the month.
Not paying your credit card bills on time has a number of penalties, including credit score reductions, expensive late fees, bank account freezing, and so on.
Final Thoughts – Best Credit Cards in India Review
In India in 2021, these are some of the top credit cards. Before you choose one, speak with users who have used the card and the bank that issued it.
Check to see if the card qualifies for rapid approval of the top credit cards in India. Learn the advantages and select the finest credit cards in India that best suit your spending style.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are students eligible for credit cards in India?
No, for the vast majority of regular credit cards. You can, however, inquire about a special card for students with your bank.
How to make a credit score better?
Make timely payments on your existing debts and loans. Some institutions also provide credit cards to those with bad credit. Obtain them and pay on time to boost your credit score.
Can I upgrade my credit card?
Most banks offer this option to upgrade to a higher-tier credit card after meeting certain criteria. Carefully read the documentation.