Many businesses’ profiles, working methods, and systems have all changed dramatically since the Internet’s introduction.
The stock market and brokerage firms are the biggest boomers. The efficiency with which their working system has improved over time is impressive. All geographical constraints have been erased with online stock trading.
Remember when traders had to fill out long paperwork and send it to the BSE office in order to trade or invest in stocks and mutual funds?
For the time being, focus on these 5 most important stock market trading apps aspects to help you decide which of the brokerage platforms we cover below will be most advantageous to you.
How to invest in the Indian Stock Market?
- How to invest in the Indian Stock Market?
- How to open a Demat Account?
- The top 5 Best stock market Trading Apps:
- Comparison of top 5 Stock Market Trading Apps:
- Pros and Cons of top 5 Stock Market Trading Apps:
- Frequently Asked Questions
You can begin investing in the Indian stock exchange by following these simple instructions.
- Select a stockbroker.
- Determine your investing objective.
- Create a Demat and trading account for your investments.
- Make a financial plan for your investment.
- Study the fundamentals of the stock market; some online brokers also provide educational content for newbies.
- Start investing.
How to open a Demat Account?
A Demat account is an electronic holding account for your stocks, government securities, and mutual funds. It’s the abbreviation for dematerialization accounts.
How to Create a Demat Account.
- Your bank or stockbroker can recommend a Depository Participant (DP).
- Apply for a Demat account and complete the required account opening form.
- Complete the KYC (Know Your Customer) procedure.
- Complete the verification procedure.
- Your stockbroker will issue you with a BO ID number.
The top 5 Best stock market Trading Apps:
- Angel Broking
- Upstox Pro
- ICICI Direct
Zerodha is a stockbroker and electronic trading platform based in India. On August 15, 2010, Zerodha was established. Zerodha is a popular financial company with more than 50 lakh registered consumers.
- Zerodha is a cutting-edge trading platform that offers a variety of services.
- Zerodha is a debt-free organization.
- They have a modest brokerage cost of 0.03% every transaction.
- However, they charge a rather hefty fee of Rs. 200 for opening Demat accounts, and Rs. 100 for commodity accounts.
- Zerodha is a broker for self-clearing companies. Zerodha does not charge its users any clearance fees.
- Zerodha also offers the following services:
- Kite by Zerodha is a Zerodha online tool that allows users to trade futures and options.
- Zerodha Varsity is a Zerodha instructional software for learning trading and investing.
- Coin by Zerodha is a new trading tool for mutual fund investments.
- Pulse by Zerodha is a news app that gives you the most up-to-date financial news.
- Its revenue in fiscal 2020 was Rs. 1093.64 crores. Zerodha is without a doubt one of the greatest Indian stock trading platforms.
2. Angel Broking
Angel Broking is a stockbroker in India. Dinesh Thakkar launched Angel Broking in 1987. Angel Broking is a top player in the stock market, both online and offline.
- They offer stockbroking, equity, commodities trading, mutual fund investments, life insurance, health insurance, and other services.
- In terms of active clients, it is India’s fourth largest stockbroker.
- Angel Broking offers a free Demat account for life.
- They provide a 20% brokerage rate discount.
- ARQ is one of Angel Broking’s most important features. Angel Broking has launched ARQ, a Robo Advisory Platform.
- Customers of Angel Broking can get up to 40 times leverage.
- They don’t charge anything for delivering equity.
- Angel Broking also offers the following online services:
- Angel Bee is a mobile app that displays the top mutual funds and SIPs on a single screen.
- Smart Buzz is an Angel Broking news application that covers all of the newest financial news.
- Smart Money’s Stock Market Courses is an instructional app sponsored by Angel Broking.
- Bee Expenses lets users to create budgets, track their spending, and manage their money more effectively.
3. Upstox Pro
Upstox is an investing firm established in India. Ravi Kumar, Raghav Kumar, and Shrinivas Viswanath launched it in 2010. It was originally known as RKSV Securities, but in 2012 the company was renamed Upstox. Numerous well-known investors have put their trust in this company. Upstox may become India’s indisputable greatest stock trading platform in the next years.
- On its trading platform, the business offers equities, commodity, and options trading.
- In-depth charting, analysis trading, and many other features are available on the platform.
- Mr. Ratan Tata is a shareholder in Upstox, owning 1.33% of the company.
- Tiger Global Management, an American investment firm, is another major shareholder in the corporation, with a 31.1% interest.
- Upstox offers a free equity trading sector as well as a complimentary trading account.
- A Trailing stop-loss option is available in Upstox. If the stop-loss price is established by the user, and the price rises, the stop-loss price rises with it. When the price reaches the stop-loss level, a market order is automatically placed at that level.
- They deliver up to 25x leverage.
- Upstox offers its members a 3-to-1 account.
- For equity delivery, mutual funds, and digital gold, there is no brokerage fee.
- Upstox also provides a service called Upstox Developer Console, which allows customers to create their own trading app.
Sharekhan is one of India’s oldest and most popular stock trading platforms. A brick-and-mortar company is another name for it. Shipar Morakia founded Sharekhan in February 2000.
Sharekhan launched an online retail brokerage service after E-trading was introduced to the stock exchange.
- Sharekhan is a Fintech company owned by BNP Paribas, a French financial corporation.
- It currently has nearly 17 lakh registered users.
- The Android, iOS, and web versions of the Sharekhan mobile app are all available.
- You can invest in mutual funds, manage portfolios, and trade stocks.
- Beginner investors might also benefit from their educational programs. Their stock trading courses are among the best available.
- The availability of in-depth charts, such as candlestick charts, moving average recent, and Renko charts, is one of the best features of the Sharekhan App.
- The app also offers an advanced search feature that allows you to look up different stocks and mutual funds.
- The application also has an option chain feature for traders who trade or invest in options.
- Users of Sharekhan can invest in NSECURR, MCXCURR, and MCX, as well as mutual funds, with ease.
- Sharekhan reported a net worth of Rs. 1673.20 crores in March 2019.
5. ICICI Direct
ICICI Direct is one of India’s leading retail brokerage firms. ICICI Direct is an online trading and investment platform operated by the ICICI group. It has a massive user base, with over 50 lakh members registered.
- The firm provides a wide range of services, including equities and commodity trading, mutual fund investments, initial public offerings (IPOs), fixed deposits, and bonds.
- Home loans, NCDs, and a variety of other services are available through ICICI.
- It links your banking, brokerage, and Demat accounts into a 3-in-1 account.
- In case of slow connections, it also has a lite version of the website.
- A personal relationship manager and local support are provided by ICICI direct.
- The ICICI group is known for its trustworthiness, customer care, and high-quality offerings. The greatest and most dependable stock trading platform is ICICI.
Also Read: In India, the Top 5 Cryptocurrency Apps
Comparison of top 5 Stock Market Trading Apps:
Comparing and contrasting stock trading platforms based on their features:
|App Name||Exchange membership||Trading account opening charges||Demat account AMC charges||Minimum brokerage||Call and trade charges||3-1 account||Charting|
|ICICI Direct||BSE, NSE||Rs.0||Rs.300||Rs.35 per trade||Rs. 50 per trade||Yes||Yes|
|Angel Broking||BSE, NSE, MCX, NCDEX||Rs.0||Rs.450||Equity Rs.20 and F&O Rs. 30||Rs.20 per trade||No||Yes|
|Sharekhan||BSE, NSE, MCX||Rs.0||Rs.400||5 paisa per share||Rs. 20||No||Yes|
|Zerodha||NSE, BSE, MCX, NCDEX||Rs.200||Rs.300||0.03% in intraday trading and F&O||Rs. 50||No||Yes|
|Upstox||BSE, NSE, MCX||Rs.0||Rs.300||0.05%||Rs. 20 per trade||No||Yes|
Pros and Cons of top 5 Stock Market Trading Apps:
|ICICI Direct||Provides 3-1 account service.Easy UI.Low bandwidth website available for poor internet connections.||Brokerage is high.Not suitable for trading penny stocks as brokerage is high.Minimum brokerage is high.|
|Angel Broking||Low brokerage fee.No charges for fund transfer.Full-service broker.||Doesn’t offer a 3-1 account.Poor customer support.Mobile UI is complex.|
|Sharekhan||Convenient fund transfer processEasy user interfaceFeatures rich and fast performing application||Doesn’t offer a 3-1 account service.Classic account users can trade commodities.Brokerage charges are higher.|
|Zerodha||Users can apply for new IPOs.It is a self-clearing broker.Charges only 0.03% per executed share.||Sometimes, Zerodha glitches during high trade time.Call and trade fee is comparatively high.No monthly unlimited trading plans.|
|Upstox||Trailing stop loss option is available.Interactive UI.Offers more than 1000 mutual funds.||Doesn’t offer unlimited monthly trading plans.Does not provide stock recommendations.24/7 customer support is not available.|
Above all, Indian trading platforms are creating a unicorn industry in the Indian stock market. They have simplified stock trading. Everyone can now expand their capital at any time by investing their deposits. Companies like Zerodha and Sharekhan are putting the best trading platforms in the world to the test.
Just consider the platform that provides you with the best features and services. The instructional information offered on these platforms can help you improve your knowledge.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we trade without a stockbroker?
We cannot trade without the assistance of a stockbroker. A stockbroker serves as a link between the client and the depository participant (DP).
What is Sensex?
The 30-largest and most regularly traded equities on the BSE make up the Sensex, which serves as a gauge of India’s economy.
What is the time for trading in Indian Stock Market?
The Indian stock exchanges are open from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. You can trade or invest in the stock market between these times.
Why do we need a Demat account?
A demat account is an electronic account where you can keep your stocks, government securities, and mutual funds. You keep your deposited money in a savings account, and your equities in a Demat account.
What are the best Stock Market Trading Apps?
5 Best Stock Market Trading Apps:
2. Angel Broking
3. Upstox Pro
4. ICICI Direct