If you’re seeking for the greatest debit card for you, look no further. Congrats on finding the appropriate article. This page will address all of your questions about debit cards, their features, and how to use them. Based on daily cash limits, features, and discounts, this list includes the top debit cards in India.
When purchasing items or conducting cashless transactions at a merchant’s location, debit cards can be quite useful. All ATMs in the United States accept debit cards. Carrying debit cards is significantly more convenient than carrying cash.
Following demonetization in 2016, the government of India has taken strides to promote cashless transactions, making every cashless system better. Debit cards are becoming more popular as a result of this.
People can now withdraw money from ATMs using their debit cards without having to wait in huge lines at banks.
We’ve tried to compile a list of the best debit cards in India issued by the best banks in the country.
What is a debit card?
- What is a debit card?
- Who needs a debit card?
- Pros and Cons of Debit Cards
- 15 Best Debit Cards in India
- 1) IDBI Visa Signature Debit Card
- 2) Yes Bank Prosperity Platinum Debit Card
- 3) Axis Burgundy World Debit Card
- 4) Bank of India Rupay Platinum Debit Card
- 5) DCB Bank Cashback Debit Card
- 6) IDFC First Visa Signature Debit Card
- 7) IndusInd Bank Signature Exclude Debit Card
- 8) SBI Platinum International Debit Card
- 9) Kotak Bank PayShopMore International Chip Debit Card
- 10) Coral Paywave International Debit Card from ICICI Bank
- 11) Citi Priority World Debit Card
- 12) HDFC Women’s Advantage Debit Card
- 13) HDFC Easy Shop Titanium Debit Card
- 14) Yes Bank Gold and Silver Debit Cards
- 15) Canara Platinum Debit Card
- Frequently Asked Questions:
These are bank-issued dedicated payment cards. Debit cards are used to withdraw money from ATMs and to make purchases.
You can transfer money quickly. Debit cards, often known as cheque cards, allow users to withdraw cash from ATMs and conduct transactions at merchant locations. A PIN (personal identity number) is required to use a debit card.
Who needs a debit card?
Any account holder of a recognized bank can be issued a debit card.
A debit card is not available to minors. They do not have bank accounts. In that situation, the guardian will have access to the same account’s debit card, but it will be subject to a few restrictions.
Pros and Cons of Debit Cards
Pros of Debit Cards
- A debit card transaction is far safer than cash or a check. When carrying cash around, there is a fear of being robbed or losing money. Debit cards are safe as long as you don’t give out your PIN to anybody else.
- Unlike cheques, transactions are completed quickly.
- Everyone can receive a debit card. Debit cards do not contribute to debt accumulation.
- Debit cards are much more convenient than cash.
Cons of Debit Cards
- Cardholders can only withdraw a maximum of Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 300,000 each day from ATMs.
- You have an expense and payment condition that is contingent on the amount of money put in your bank account.
15 Best Debit Cards in India
*There are 15 best debit cards in India on this list. The following debit card list is not ranked in any way.
1) IDBI Visa Signature Debit Card
- The Visa payment gateway powers the IDBI Debit Card.
- The IDBI Debit card offers a 0.75% reward rate.
- The debit card costs Rs. 799 + GST each year.
- IDBI debit cards grant complimentary airport lounge access as well as savings on retail, lifestyle, and spa and gym memberships.
- Cardholders have a daily withdrawal limit of Rs. 300,000 and a daily purchasing limit of Rs. 500,000.
- With a respectable reward rate and a high withdrawal limit, the IDBI Visa Signature Debit Card is one of the best debit cards in India.
2) Yes Bank Prosperity Platinum Debit Card
- Sure, the bank will charge you Rs. 599 plus tax.
- It has a 0.125% reward rate.
- A high withdrawal limit of Rs. 2 lakhs is proposed by the card.
- The debit card can be used at any of the 15 lakh domestic ATMs.
- You can save money on movie tickets, dining, shopping, travel, entertainment, and more with this card.
- It gives you access to a number of Indian airport lounges.
3) Axis Burgundy World Debit Card
- This debit card has no yearly fee charged by the bank.
- It has a 1% reward rate.
- It has a large daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs. 300,000.
- Personal accident insurance is included with the debit card.
- There is no fuel surcharge.
- It provides access to a number of airport lounges in India.
- Axis Burgundy World Debit Card provides you with a variety of discounts and incentives at hotels, restaurants, movie theaters, and other locations. It is one of Axis Bank’s most popular debit cards.
4) Bank of India Rupay Platinum Debit Card
- The debit card charges Rs. 200 + tax on a yearly basis.
- This debit card uses the Rupay payment system.
- It is available both domestically and internationally.
- This card manages to make it into our top 15 Debit Card list with a mean withdrawal limit of Rs. 50000 and online transactions of Rs. 100000.
- On bar deals, it also gives up to 5% direct cashback.
- You can’t get a better price than this. We definitely offer this greatest debit card a thumbs up.
5) DCB Bank Cashback Debit Card
- There is no annual fee charged by DCB.
- It has a 1.6% reward rate.
- CRED and mutual fund transactions are supported by the debit card.
- It provides unlimited VISA ATM access.
- On a variety of purchases, the debit card pays a flat 1.6% return.
- DCB bank has one of the best debit cards with a high reward rate.
6) IDFC First Visa Signature Debit Card
- Although the IDFC debit card has a limited cash withdrawal limit of Rs. 10,000, the bank does not levy an annual fee.
- It provides cashback upon activation but no further benefits.
- On Bookmyshow, it offers movie ticket discounts.
- It gives you free access to airport hotels.
- It provides personal accident insurance coverage.
- Cardholders can take advantage of a variety of special offers and discounts at hotels, restaurants, spas, and lifestyle subscriptions.
7) IndusInd Bank Signature Exclude Debit Card
- It has a daily ATM limit of Rs. 200,000 and a daily point of sale limit of Rs. 400,000.
- The debit card has an annual fee of Rs. 0 charged by the bank.
- On several levels, the debit card offers a respectable reward rate of 0.35% 2%.
- On Bookmyshow, it also has a Buy 1 Get 1 bargain.
- There is no currency markup.
- Personal accident insurance is also available.
- This exciting package of deals and offers from IndusInd Bank is available to you. Without a doubt, this debit card is among the greatest debit cards in India.
8) SBI Platinum International Debit Card
- The institution charges a fee of Rs 175 + GST every year.
- SBI only has about 6-8 debit cards with international features.
- VISA and MASTERCARD payment channels are included with this card.
- It has domestic as well as international applications.
- It provides an online payment option for cinema tickets and other online transactions.
- They provide complimentary airport lounge access.
- This card has high cash withdrawal and point of sale payment limits at merchant locations.
9) Kotak Bank PayShopMore International Chip Debit Card
- The bank charges a premium annual fee of Rs. 750 + GST, however this card is well worth it and has a lot of benefits.
- Payments are processed through the VISA gateway.
- It offers cashback on a regular basis.
- Cardholders can change the appearance of their debit card to suit their tastes.
- It gives you access to airport lounges both domestically and internationally.
- This may be the best debit card for those who travel frequently and make regular online payments. It is one of the most effective debit cards on the market.
10) Coral Paywave International Debit Card from ICICI Bank
- It is currently one of the greatest offers on the market.
- It costs Rs. 599 + GST per year, which is reasonable given the features and benefits it provides.
- For payments, this debit card uses a VISA gateway.
- This debit card is a golden hen with a high withdrawal limit of Rs. 100,000 (domestic) and Rs. 200,000 (international).
- This card is the greatest debit card for movie buffs because it offers savings on movie tickets at Inox, Carnival Cinemas, and Bookmyshow.
11) Citi Priority World Debit Card
- The Citi Priority Global Debit Card offers a number of good incentives.
- Every Rs. 150 spent earns you 2 reward points.
- It offers an incredible deal that includes unrestricted access to domestic airport lounges.
- Individuals who enjoy traveling should give it a try.
- Other attractive features include Buy 1 Get 1 on Bookmyshow, a 15% meal discount, and many golf privileges.
- It is India’s best debit card for tourists and businesspeople.
12) HDFC Women’s Advantage Debit Card
- The HDFC bank has created a special debit card for women only.
- This card has a reward rate of 0.50%.
- It provides the cardholder with Rs. 200,000 in baggage insurance, among other benefits.
- The card has a daily withdrawal limit of Rs. 25,000 and a merchant withdrawal limit of Rs. 1.25 lacs.
13) HDFC Easy Shop Titanium Debit Card
- The HDFC debit card has a Rs. 50,000 daily limit.
- This debit card gives you access to a number of airport hotels.
- Fuel surcharges, online shopping, bills, and tickets are all available with the card.
- For payments, the card uses the Mastercard gateway.
- This is without a doubt the best debit card for a shopper.
14) Yes Bank Gold and Silver Debit Cards
- Yes Bank Gold and Silver Debit Card is a feature-rich debit card from Yes Bank.
- These deals range from golf club memberships to domestic airport lounge memberships.
- The debit card offers a massive 2.5% discount on gasoline purchases.
- A daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs. 75 thousand is set on the card.
- Personal accidents up to Rs. 500,000 are also covered by this debit card.
15) Canara Platinum Debit Card
- Canara bank has issued a premium debit card.
- This debit card is available to cardholders who can maintain a quarterly balance of Rs. 1 lakh.
- This card has a unique feature called Emergency Medical Assistance, which provides you with information about doctors, hospitals, and clinics, making it the greatest debit card among its competitors.
- Often, cards are only issued to the bank’s most valuable customers.
Every bank in India offers various best debit cards, so you may find yourself with a large selection to choose from. All of the bank cards described above are preferable and best; nonetheless, as a buyer, it is up to you to examine every aspect of the situation before deciding on one. You should first calculate your requirements and look for a solution that meets virtually all of them.
A debit card transaction is far safer than cash or checks. You can use whichever debit card you choose whenever you want. Choosing what you can afford is a sensible financial strategy. Other choices are also available on the market. We’ve seen a lot of scams and forgeries recently, so be cautious about how to use these cards properly and securely. All of the cards listed above are the greatest debit cards available in India.
RuPay is an Indian payment service system. RuPay has the biggest market share of any payment gateway.
Also Read: India’s Finest Credit Cards
Frequently Asked Questions:
How are credit cards and debit cards different from each other?
Credit cards provide you with bank-credited funds in advance, which you must repay later. Banks charge interest on money. When you use a debit card, you can only utilize the money you have in your bank account.
How can you get a debit card?
You can request a debit card by contacting your bank. Debit Cards can be issued to any bank customer. Your debit card is usually issued by the bank when you create a bank account.
What if you lose your debit card?
Contact your bank as soon as possible and request that your debit card be blocked. The bank will block your card after validating your identity. For the same, you should go to the police station.
How many days does it take to get a new debit card?
After your application, the bank will issue a new card within the next 7 working days.
What is a payment gateway?
A payment gateway is an online payment service that is built into an e-commerce platform and serves as a channel for sending and receiving payments.