Zerodha is one of the country’s largest stockbrokers, and it’s only becoming bigger, with thousands of new users joining every day. The organization has long been noted for its dynamic workforce and transparent and open business methods, as well as a defined vision, mission, and team objectives.
Zerodha has not reported any major violations so far in its operations, and the company has been investing money to improve its services since its inception.
Zerodha currently has over 30 lakh customers who use the site to trade equities, commodities, mutual funds, futures, and options.
Examine the following aspects of Zerodha to see if it is legitimate.
Zerodha Advantages Over Other Brokers in the Market
- Zerodha is debt-free, which is a significant benefit for all Indian entrepreneurs. Zerodha’s profits have been effectively used to improve their staff and their offerings because they are debt-free. There has been no borrowing from the Zerodhas team either.
- Zerodha does not offer margin funding, removing a significant risk for stockbrokers.
- Zerodha’s pricing mechanism is simple and open to all types of investors. Everyone must pay the same cost to invest on the platform, whether they are new to investing or seasoned investors. The team’s operational costs are dramatically reduced by having a single rate.
- The Zerodha team does not guarantee any returns or provide any advice. It’s merely a platform; as an investor, you must use your formula to invest and make buying and selling decisions. In no way does Zerodha assist or encourage your investments. On the platform, there are no conflicts of interest.
- Zerodha does not engage in proprietary trading in any way. Many other stockbrokers have been accused of using customer funds to engage in other types of trading in the past. Yet, you can rest certain that the funds you save with Zerodha are safe and secure, thanks to the most up-to-date security procedures.
- With Zerodha, there is no credit risk because the company is profitable and just 5% of its total assets are lent to consumers. Zerodha’s own funds are so large that they exceed the sum total of all of its customers’ funds.
- In comparison to other stock exchange brokerages, Zerodha has one of the lowest complaint rates. Even minor concerns are swiftly fixed by the active and efficient customer care service through multiple channels.
Recommended: India’s Top 5 Stock Market Trading Apps
Memberships in Zerodha
Remember that Zerodha is a member of prominent stock exchanges like the NSE, BSE, and MCX, as well as the SEBI. All stockbrokers in the country are required to register with the SEBI, which Zerodha does. Memberships in stock exchanges are also required for access. In exchange, the stock exchanges audit the stockbrokers’ accounts and actions to guarantee that everything is clean and fair. So far, Zerodha has not been accused of any major violations.
Zerodha is a member of the CDSL, which is one of India’s central depositories. This enables Zerodha customers to open a demat account with CDSL. Zerodha does not open demat accounts; it merely acts as a conduit between the investor and the CDSL. Even if you are not a Zerodha customer, you can access your CDSL demat account.
Every stockbroker is required by SEBI regulations to have a Power of Attorney. This provides the brokerage permission to access your demat account for legal and fair purposes like auto-debit for transactions and so on. You can simply decline to grant the brokers this power as a consumer. But, you will need to personally approve any credit or debit security on the demat account in that scenario.
Final Thoughts: Is Zerodha Safe?
Absolutely, Zerodha is fully safe, legal, and has a spotless track record to date. Get an account with Zerodha and begin trading right away. If you are a beginner, the platform’s online documentation will assist you in getting started.