The (USPS) has been operating since 1775, when Benjamin Franklin was appointed the first postmaster general. Today, the USPS operates and employs over 600,000 workers.
USPS offers letter and package delivery (Priority Mail Express and First-Class Mail) and other services such as money orders, individual stamps and booklets, and accepts passport applications.
Whether or not the post office is open on Saturday and Sunday is a frequently asked question.
In this section, we’ll go over the Post Office’s holiday hours, weekend hours on Saturdays and Sundays, passport services, and other services.
Is the Post Office Open On Saturday and Sunday?
- Is the Post Office Open On Saturday and Sunday?
- Is the Post Office Open on Saturday Mornings?
- What Time Does The Post Office Open on Saturday Morning?
- Does Mail Get Delivered Early on Saturday?
- Does Mail Get Delivered Early on Sunday?
- Can I Get a Passport at the Post Office on Saturday?
- How To Get a Passport at the Post Office?
- What Are Things To Do At The Post Office?
- What Are Things You Cannot Do At The Post Office?
- Is the Post Office Open on Good Friday?
- What Days Does The USPS Not Deliver Mail and Packages?
- Is Any Post Office Open on Sunday?
- Post Office Open On Saturday and Sunday Summary
Some Post Office locations are open on Saturday, but all Post Office locations are closed on Sunday. The hours of operation for Post Office locations on Saturday vary, so it’s best to check your for its specific hours.
The typical weekend hours can change for special occasions like the holidays. For instance, all Post Office locations are closed on the following holidays: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, Labor Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, and Labor Day.
Is the Post Office Open on Saturday Mornings?
Certain post offices do indeed remain open on Saturdays. Most post offices allow mail delivery between 9:00 am and 4:30 pm. The operating hours on Saturday, however, differ from one place to another.
The best way to find out the precise hours is to contact your neighborhood post office. Arrive early to avoid missing its short Saturday hours.
What Time Does The Post Office Open on Saturday Morning?
The majority of post offices are open on Saturdays from 8:30 to 9:00 am. To confirm the precise hours, it is recommended to call your neighborhood post office.
Saturday delivery is possible with a few USPS mailing services. If you are only available on the weekends and work during the week, you can take advantage of this opportunity to ship your parcel.
Does Mail Get Delivered Early on Saturday?
No, postal carriers do not carry mail earlier on Saturdays because there is no distinction between Saturday and any other day. As a result, the earliest time on a Saturday that mail can be delivered is when the post office opens. For instance, the majority of postal opening times on Saturday are between 8:30 and 9:30 am.
You might anticipate your belongings to arrive sooner if there are fewer parcels to distribute. Every delivery is made by 5 p.m. local time, Monday through Saturday.
Does Mail Get Delivered Early on Sunday?
No mail is delivered on Sundays and all post offices are closed. Therefore, if you need to mail something on Sunday, you will need to wait until Monday; if not, you can leave it in the post box for the next day’s pickup.
See our guide on where I can get stamps on Sunday nearby.
Can I Get a Passport at the Post Office on Saturday?
Yes, you can get a passport at the Post Office on Saturday. Most locations that offer passport services are open Monday through Friday, but some are also open on Saturdays. Most locations can also take passport photos following guidelines.
It is important to phone your local Post Office hours in advance to get the precise days and times for passport servicing.
How To Get a Passport at the Post Office?
A passport is an essential document that allows you to travel internationally. Therefore, you must get your passport if you plan to travel soon. It can take to get a passport and up to 12 weeks for expedited service. However, getting a passport at the Post Office is relatively simple.
For a passport application form, go to the Post Office website or your nearby USPS. Once the form is finished, you must submit it together with identification showing your US citizenship, two passport pictures, and a valid photo ID.
Your application can be delivered through mail or delivered in person to a passport acceptance facility. If you’ve never had a US passport, are 16 or younger, or are unable to renew an existing passport by mail, you should be aware that you must physically apply for a new passport at the Post Office.
How to Apply for a Passport at the Post Office
Obtaining a passport is not difficult, but it can take some time. The steps you must follow to obtain a passport at the post office are listed below.
Gather Necessary Documents
The first step is to gather the .
The following paperwork is required when applying for a passport:
- Unsigned application forms
- a duplicate of the front and back of the document proving your citizenship in the United States
- a replica of the proof of identification document’s front and back
- Passport fees
The State Department’s website offers a passport application, or you can pick one up at your neighborhood Post Office. To prevent processing delays, fully and accurately fill out the passport application.
You can use a certified birth certificate, a naturalization certificate, or a consular report of birth abroad as evidence of your US citizenship. A photocopy of the front and back of your ID must also be submitted. A valid driver’s license, government-issued ID card, or passport are all acceptable forms of identification.
Complete Passport Application Package
The last thing you want to be concerned about while applying for a passport is whether your application packet is comprehensive.
This is a checklist for applying for a passport:
- Application: Complete and print for a United States Passport on the State Department’s website. Bring the application unsigned to your local post office so the postal employee can witness your signature.
- Obtain a Passport Photo: If you don’t have a recent photo, you can get a passport photo at the post office.
- Making Duplicates of Identity and Citizenship Documents: Duplicate your documents., including proof of identity and United States citizenship papers.
- Calculate Your Total Fees: It costs $145 to get a passport at the post office, including processing fees. You can pay the passport fees at the USPS with a credit card, money order, or personal check.
Schedule a Passport Appointment at the Post Office
You need to acquire the required paperwork before submitting your passport application and cost. You can mail in your application or drop it off in person at your neighborhood post office.
If you apply in person, you must schedule an appointment at the post office during specific hours. You can make an appointment using a Post Office lobby self-service kiosk or the .
Pay Passport Fees
In addition to the cost of the passport, acceptance and processing fees must be paid to the post office. The fees to the State Department are mailed along with your application. Payment can be made with a personal check, authentic cashiers check, traveler’s check, or money order made to the “US Department of State.”
Receive Your Passport
You’ll get your passport in the mail once your application has been processed. A passport can be obtained in up to 10 weeks on average, however recently processing has taken up to 16 weeks owing to delays.
You can check the online at the State Department website.
For an additional $60, you can request an expedited passport service if you need to leave more quickly.
What Are Things To Do At The Post Office?
The post office offers various services unrelated to mail even though it can send, track, and deliver practically anything across the nation.
At the post office, you can perform the following:
- Money order
- Help distribute mailers and flyers locally.
- Buy cardboard boxes
- Buy postcards and paper goods.
- Purchase shipping goods such as bubble wrap, tape, labels, and envelopes.
- Make photocopies at select locations.
- Buy individual and postage stamp booklets.
- Bring your service dog to the post office.
- Only cash USPS money orders
- Fax documents and paperwork at most locations
- PO Box
- Insure gift cards
- Change your address and get a ‘Welcome Kit’ with coupons.
What Are Things You Cannot Do At The Post Office?
A post office is a flexible location with a number of user-friendly services. There are some things you can’t do at the post office, though.
The following is a list of prohibited activities in the post office:
- Cannot get a notary at the post office
- No IRS tax forms
- Drop off packages for FedEx.
- Buyback stamps
- won’t package products for you
- Will not accept non-USPS money orders.
- Cash checks
- Install a mailbox, please.
- Lamination machine
- require masks and adhere to local and federal regulations
Is the Post Office Open on Good Friday?
No, Good Friday is not a workday for the US Postal Service. Good Friday is not a federal holiday despite being a religious holiday, so mail delivery and post office hours will not be impacted.
What Days Does The USPS Not Deliver Mail and Packages?
The US Postal Service has where packages and mail aren’t delivered.
Following are the USPS holidays on which packages and mail cannot be delivered:
- on January 1st
- Day of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- National Independence Day on Juneteenth
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
Is Any Post Office Open on Sunday?
On Sundays, all Postal locations are closed. Sundays are when post offices are closed, and regular services are used to deliver packages Monday through Saturday.
However, a few post offices are open on Sundays before Christmas to deliver all the mail and packages, so they arrive before the holiday. They delivered between packages for the holidays.
Post Office Open On Saturday and Sunday Summary
The post office provides a range of services to its clients, including on some Saturdays and Sundays. You need to present identification that is valid and your evidence of citizenship in order to apply for a passport at the post office.
You can purchase shipping goods, cardboard boxes, stamp booklets, and photocopy machines.
To find out the services provided and business hours, call the USPS office in your area.