We are all familiar with , the PayPal-owned mobile payment app. It allows users to transfer money across multiple mediums, including , payments to merchants, PayPal Express Checkout, business accounts, and more.
Venmo currently has users, surpassing most banks and ranking as the largest peer-to-peer payment app today in the US. As a result of the company’s innovative business strategies and ability to , its digital payment services will only continue to grow.
Also, you might want to use Venmo as your primary checking account or for certain transactions instead of your local bank account.
How can I use my Venmo balance instead of my bank account, you might be wondering?
Short answer: You can conveniently select Venmo balance as your payment method when processing your payment to use a Venmo balance rather than a bank account. Additionally, if your bank account is insufficient, your Venmo balance will be deducted automatically.
This fast guide will outline the procedures for adding money, transferring money to PayPal, and using Venmo balance in place of a bank account.
How To Use Venmo Balance Instead of Bank Account?
- How To Use Venmo Balance Instead of Bank Account?
- How To Use Venmo Balance Instead of Your Card?
- Why Can’t I Send Money From My Venmo Balance?
- How To Add Money To Venmo Balance?
- How to Transfer Venmo Balance to PayPal?
- How To Transfer Venmo to Apple Pay?
- Use Venmo Balance Instead of Bank Account Summary
To use a Venmo balance instead of a bank account, you must verify your Venmo account before beginning the process. After that, your Venmo balance can be used on trusted merchants’ mobile apps, websites, for direct payments to friends, and places that take Venmo.
Always check if you can use Venmo balance by going to the ‘You‘ tab, then ‘Settings’ before reaching ‘Payment Methods.’ If you see Venmo Balance at the top of the screen, that means you have access to the feature. Otherwise, you must verify your Venmo account first.
Here are a few short steps to get your verified Venmo account ready:
- Download the Venmo app available on and devices.
- Make a Venmo account and complete your profile by following the instructions.
- Tap the three stacked lines on the top-left corner of the screen and select ‘Settings.’
- Next, go to the ‘Security section‘ and tap ‘Identity Verification.’
- Tap ‘Next‘ and complete the required fields, including your full name, date of birth, address, and the last four digits of your Social Security number. Additional documents may be required for further verification.
- Continue by tapping ‘Next‘ and following the instructions for finalization.
Fortunately, using Venmo to confirm your identity only takes a little while. After validated, you must choose Venmo balance as the preferred payment option when processing payments rather than your bank account. In contrast, if your Venmo balance is insufficient, your bank account will be utilised.
It should be noted that once the payment has been transferred to the recipient, changes to the payment method cannot be made.
How To Use Venmo Balance Instead of Your Card?
Using Venmo balance instead of your card is easy. If you wish to pay via Venmo balance, simply select the ‘Payment Method‘ option at the bottom of the app screen and change it to ‘Venmo Balance‘ upon completing your transaction.
Before using the check balance option on Venmo, make sure your account has been validated.
Why Can’t I Send Money From My Venmo Balance?
You might be perplexed as to why you can’t send money from your balance despite having a Venmo account.
The following explanations explain why you cannot send money from your Venmo balance:
- If you have access to your Venmo balance, you most likely used some money to pay someone. Yet it’s possible that some of the funds were utilized to make up a negative balance on your Venmo account.
- If you don’t have access to Venmo balance: Your Venmo account has not yet been verified. Venmo payments can still be received and transferred to a bank account, but the balance in your Venmo account cannot be used to make Venmo payments until verification has been completed. So, your Your bank statement will reflect the Venmo payment. and not from your balance.
Venmo customer service can be reached by phone at (855) 812-4430 or through the mobile app for questions.
How To Add Money To Venmo Balance?
To add money to your Venmo balance, first, you need to verify your profile, which includes linking a bank account to your Venmo account. Then, you can add money to your balance by going to the ‘You’ tab on the app and selecting ‘Manage Balance‘ at the top of your personal transactions.
You can then initiate the money transfer by entering the amount you wish to deposit in your Venmo balance. Then tap ‘Next’ and choose the linked bank account to withdraw the funds from. Review the transfer information before confirming and select ‘Add (amount) Now.’
Adding money to Venmo usually takes three to five business days, and the funds are not available until the transfer is complete. Additionally, remember the Weekly Venmo transfer cap into your account is limited to $1,500.
See the Venmo policy on .
How to Transfer Venmo Balance to PayPal?
Even though Venmo and PayPal are not connected, you can successfully transfer money from one platform to the other.
How to move money from Venmo to PayPal in three easy steps:
- Link your Routing number for a bank account to your PayPal and Venmo accounts.
- Then, select ‘Payout to Bank in Venmo and enter the amount needed.
- Choose your preferred transfer option of Instant wire transfer or Standard that takes one to three business days. Your The payment from Venmo won’t appear in your bank account. until the It’s time for direct deposit.
- Go to your PayPal account and choose ‘Transfer Money.’
- By selecting ‘Add Money,’ you will see the bank account linked to your Venmo and PayPal accounts.
- Choose the associated bank account. The money will usually be in your PayPal wallet in 2-5 business days.
See our guide on nearby eateries that take PayPal.
How To Transfer Venmo to Apple Pay?
Although there is no connection between Apple Pay and Venmo, it is still possible to transact between the two services.
First, your accounts must be linked to a common bank account to transfer Venmo money to Apple Pay. So always select the correct bank account that’s associated with Apple Pay. The money transfer may take three business days.
Your Apple Pay will then reflect a successful transaction if the funds have been credited to the linked account. Then, select the linked bank card at fueling stations using Apple Pay, or Home Depot, CVS, and more.
You’ll be using the balance transferred from Venmo to pay for your stuff. So essentially, you’ll Venmo yourself to Apple Pay.
See our guide on places to eat that accept Apple Pay.
Use Venmo Balance Instead of Bank Account Summary
You must validate your account before you can use your Venmo balance rather than a bank account. After that, you can carry out Venmo transactions and payments using your balance. If your bank account is linked to both Apple Pay and PayPal, you can transfer money between them as well.
See our guide on using In-store Venmo at Walmart and Target online.