We are all familiar with , the PayPal-owned mobile payment app. It allows users to transfer money across multiple mediums, including , payments to merchants, PayPal Express Checkout, business accounts, and more.
Venmo currently has users, surpassing most banks and ranking as the largest peer-to-peer payment app today in the US. As a result of the company’s innovative business strategies and ability to , its digital payment services will only continue to grow.
Venmo can also be used instead of your local bank account for specific transactions or as your normal checking account.
You might be wondering how to pay with a Venmo balance rather than a bank account.?
Short answer: You can choose Venmo balance as your payment method instead of a bank account when processing your payment to use a Venmo balance instead of a bank account. In addition, if your bank account is insufficient, your Venmo balance is automatically used.
Using Venmo balance instead of a bank account, adding money, and transferring money to PayPal and Apple Pay are all covered in our quick guide.
How To Use Venmo Balance Instead of Bank Account?
- How To Use Venmo Balance Instead of Bank Account?
- How To Use Venmo Balance Instead of Your Card?
- Why Can’t I Send Money From My Venmo Balance?
- How To Add Money To Venmo Balance?
- How to Transfer Venmo Balance to PayPal?
- How To Transfer Venmo to Apple Pay?
- Use Venmo Balance Instead of Bank Account Summary
To use a Venmo balance instead of a bank account, you must verify your Venmo account before beginning the process. After that, your Venmo balance can be used on trusted merchants’ mobile apps, websites, for direct payments to friends, and Venmo-accepting merchants.
Always check if you can use Venmo balance by going to the ‘You‘ tab, then ‘Settings’ before reaching ‘Payment Methods.’ If you see Venmo Balance at the top of the screen, that means you have access to the feature. Otherwise, you must verify your Venmo account first.
To get your Venmo account ready and confirmed, follow these simple steps:
- Download the Venmo app available on and devices.
- Establish a Venmo account and create your profile by following the steps.
- Tap the three stacked lines on the top-left corner of the screen and select ‘Settings.’
- Next, go to the ‘Security section‘ and tap ‘Identity Verification.’
- Tap ‘Next‘ and complete the required fields, including your full name, date of birth, address, and the last four digits of your Social Security number. Additional documents may be required for further verification.
- Continue by tapping ‘Next‘ and following the instructions for finalization.
It only takes a few minutes to authenticate your identity with Venmo. When processing payments, you must choose Venmo balance instead of your bank account as the preferred payment method once you’ve been verified. If your Venmo balance is insufficient, your bank account will be used instead.
It should be noted that once the payment has been transferred to the receiver, changes to the payment method are not possible.
How To Use Venmo Balance Instead of Your Card?
Using Venmo balance instead of your card is easy. If you wish to pay via Venmo balance, simply select the ‘Payment Method‘ option at the bottom of the app screen and change it to ‘Venmo Balance‘ upon completing your transaction.
Before using the balance feature, make sure your Venmo account has been validated.
Why Can’t I Send Money From My Venmo Balance?
You may be wondering why you can’t send money from your Venmo balance while having a Venmo account.
The following are some of the reasons why you won’t be able to send money from your Venmo balance:
- If you have money in your Venmo account, you’ve undoubtedly used it to make a payment. Yet, some of the funds may have been used to cover a Venmo account with a negative balance.
- If you don’t have access to Venmo balance: Your Venmo account has not yet been verified. Venmo payments can still be received and transferred to a bank account, but the balance in your Venmo account cannot be used to make Venmo payments until verification has been completed. So, your Your bank statement will reflect the Venmo payment. and not from your balance.
Venmo customer service can be reached via the smartphone app or by calling (855) 812-4430.
How To Add Money To Venmo Balance?
To add money to your Venmo balance, first, you need to verify your profile, which includes linking a bank account to your Venmo account. Then, you can add money to your balance by going to the ‘You’ tab on the app and selecting ‘Manage Balance‘ at the top of your personal transactions.
You can then initiate the money transfer by entering the amount you wish to deposit in your Venmo balance. Then tap ‘Next’ and choose the linked bank account to withdraw the funds from. Review the transfer information before confirming and select ‘Add (amount) Now.’
Adding money to Venmo usually takes three to five business days, and the funds are not available until the transfer is complete. Additionally, remember the Per week, there is a limit to how much money you can send via Venmo. into your account is limited to $1,500.
See the Venmo policy on .
How to Transfer Venmo Balance to PayPal?
Even though Venmo and PayPal are not linked, you can still make a successful transfer from one to the other.
The following are the steps to transferring your Venmo balance to PayPal:
- Link your routing number for a bank account to your PayPal and Venmo accounts.
- Then, select ‘Make a bank transfer in Venmo and enter the amount needed.
- Choose your preferred transfer option of Instant wire transfer or Standard that takes one to three business days. Your Payments made through Venmo will not appear in your bank account. until the The time for direct deposit has arrived.
- Go to your PayPal account and choose ‘Transfer Money.’
- By selecting ‘Add Money,’ you will see the bank account linked to your Venmo and PayPal accounts.
- Choose the bank account that is linked to your account. In most cases, the funds will arrive in your PayPal wallet within 3-5 business days.
See our guide on Near me, there are restaurants that accept PayPal.
How To Transfer Venmo to Apple Pay?
Despite the fact that Venmo and Apple Pay are not linked, transactions between the two platforms are conceivable.
First, your accounts must be linked to a common bank account to transfer Venmo money to Apple Pay. So always select the correct bank account that’s Apple Pay is tied to. The money transfer may take three business days.
Your Apple Pay will then reflect a successful transaction if the funds have been credited to the linked account. Then, select the linked bank card at Apple Pay-accepting fueling stations, or Home Depot, CVS, and more.
You’ll be using the balance transferred from Venmo to pay for your stuff. So essentially, you’ll Venmo yourself to Apple Pay.
See our guide on Apple Pay-accepting restaurants.
Use Venmo Balance Instead of Bank Account Summary
You must first verify your Venmo account before you can use it instead of a bank account. After that, you can make Venmo payments and transactions with your Venmo balance. If you have the same linked bank account, you can also send funds to Apple Pay and PayPal.