Today, over half of US citizens are because of low-interest rates and the potential for high market returns. There are many investing platforms you can use from online brokers or apps. One of the quickest and easiest ways to get started in the market is through Webull, a popular stock-trading app used by millions of people worldwide.
Webull is a straightforward program that lets you trade stocks at no cost. To invest with Webull, you don’t need to be a seasoned market veteran or professional trader. The software is easy to use, and after signing up, you may begin trading stocks right away.
With its excellent reporting, you can also utilize the app to keep tabs on your investments and performance.
The trading platform was and offers advanced trading tools. Webull allows investors to buy and sell various investments, like stocks and ETFs, to cryptocurrencies like and .
Additionally, the Webull app provides a vast array of capabilities, including:
- Free stock trading
- Real-time market data
- Up-to-date news
- Advanced charting tools
- Portfolio analysis
How then do you purchase and sell stocks on Webull?
Webull stock market transactions will be covered in our guide so that you can trade with assurance and success.
See our article on Money transfer from the Chime app to the Cash App.
How To Sell Stocks on Webull
- How To Sell Stocks on Webull
- How To Buy Stocks on Webull
- 1. Open the Webull App
- 2. Enter the PIN, Face ID, or Touch ID
- 3. Make a Deposit
- 4. Choose the Stock You Wish to Purchase
- 5. Click the Trade Option
- 6. Select the Market Order
- 7. Select the Stock’s Quantity
- 8. Choose the Time-in-Force Option
- 9. Select the Buy Option
- 10. Confirm Your Purchase
- 11. Check the Status
- How to Buy Penny Stocks on Webull?
- How to Buy OTC Stocks on Webull?
- How to Buy Partial Stocks on Webull?
- How To Sell Stocks On Webull and Buy Summary
By following these steps, Webull makes it simple for investors to sell stocks:
1. Install Updated Webull App Version
Use the most recent version of the Webull app before you begin selling stocks on the platform. It’s to make sure you have the newest security, features, and improvements.
Webull is available on iOS and Android devices. Simply download the app from the , or update your current version.
2. Enter Your PIN, Face ID, or Touch ID
After installing the app, you will need to sign in or make a new account. Next, enter your PIN by clicking the Webull logo. You will be prompted to enter your Face ID or Touch ID if you are using an iPhone or iPad.
Remember to use the correct PIN; otherwise, you won’t be able to sign in, and you’ll be denied access.
If you have forgotten or are lacking a PIN number, you can reset it by clicking the “Forgot Pin?” link.
3. Choose the Stock You Want to Sell
You can view all of your stocks on the portfolio page after logging in with Webull. If you are unable to see your stocks, continue scrolling down the page to the My Positions area.
Choose the stock you want to sell and review information such as the price, profit, and loss ratios. Click Sell to continue when you’re ready to sell the stock on Webull.
4. Choose the Limit Order for Your Stock
On Webull, you can sell stocks using tools like Market Orders, Limit Orders, and Stop Orders. You must specify the stock’s limit price under the Limit Order option. Be sure your stock’s average price makes sense; otherwise, you won’t be able to sell it.
Select the number of stock shares after you’ve finished establishing the limit price. The Quantity option, which appears after the Limit Price option, allows you to do this.
Instead, decide how many stock shares you want to sell as a percentage. You will then be directed to a new page with the specifics of the sell order.
6. Decide on Time-in-Force
By default, the Day selection is made. Before to selling the stock on Webull, choose whether to do so during regular trading hours or after the market shuts. If you sell during market hours, nothing needs to be done. When the market is open, the order will be filled at the best price.
However, if you plan on selling the stock shares on Webull after the market closes, decide on the time-in-force. The time-in-force is the length of time the order will be active. The available time-in-force options are “Until Cancelled, Good” (GTC), “Immediate or Cancel” (IOC), or “Fill-or-Kill” (FOK). You can also check the “Extended Hours” option to sell stock shares after the market closes but before it opens.
Yet, due to limited volume, selling equities after the market shuts is dangerous. Less buyers mean less sales, which means lower profits for you.
If you’re unsure, the default time-in-force is “Until Cancelled, Good” (GTC). It’s because it will keep the order open until it is filled or canceled. However, generally, a GTC order on Webull expires 60 calendar days after the order was placed.
7. Click the Sell Button
Once your stock order details are complete, you can now sell your stock by clicking the “Sell” button.
Once you click the “Sell” button, a confirmation tab will pop up where you need to input the number of shares you want to sell and the price you’re willing to sell them at. You can either sell at the market price or set a limit price.
Then, hit the “Confirm” button, and a broker or an electronic exchange will handle your stock shares to find a buyer.
8. Monitor Performance
Following the sale of your equities, keep an eye on your portfolio’s performance. To reduce your losses, sell stocks that are underperforming your expectations. You must keep track of the following in order to effectively monitor the performance of the stock:
- The stock’s closing price on the day you sold it
- the proportion of the stock price that has increased or decreased since you sold it to the present
- Duration of time the stock was held
You can assess whether selling the stock on Webull was a sensible move by monitoring the stock’s performance.
See our guide on the top apps for check cashing without Ingo.
How To Buy Stocks on Webull
The steps below make it simple to purchase stocks using the Webull app:
1. Open the Webull App
Install the most recent version of the Webull app before making any stock purchases. It guarantees that you can use all of its services, including purchasing stocks.
Create an account after that and confirm your email address. You can then access the main dashboard and begin purchasing stocks on Webull.
2. Enter the PIN, Face ID, or Touch ID
You are required to provide your PIN for security purposes to prevent fraud. However, if you’re using an iPhone or iPad, you can also use Face ID or Touch ID to log in without a password.
3. Make a Deposit
You must deposit money into your account before you can buy stocks. Click on the “Transfer” button near the “Performance” option to make a deposit.
Webull will then direct you to a new page if you haven’t funded your brokerage account. Select the “Deposit” option and add the amount of money to deposit in your account to buy stocks on Webull.
You can also direct deposit funds by clicking on the “Add Funds” tab at the top of the Webull home page. You can Put your bank routing number in here. to wire transfer money into your new online stock trading account.
You can only fund your new Webull account with an ACH wire transfer or a rollover from another institution. They will not Obtaining personal checks, currency check, money order, third-party check, debit card, and no credit cards.
See our guide on the Name and address details for Chime Bank Direct Deposit.
4. Choose the Stock You Wish to Purchase
Once you have ACH deposited funds into your account, click on the Stocks tab at the top of the website to begin purchasing stocks.
You’ll then be taken to a new page where you can view a list of the stocks that are currently available for purchase on Webull. To locate the stock symbol for your security, use the search bar at the top of the page.
5. Click the Trade Option
Tap on the stock you’ve chosen to purchase on Webull to view the order’s details. You may view the cost, the quantity, the performance in the past, and more.
Tap the “Trade” button on the bottom left of the screen to confirm the security selection.
6. Select the Market Order
The three stock order types available for purchases are Limit, Market, and Stop. The various stock orders come in the following forms:
- Market Order: Purchase or sale of a stock at the current price.
- Limit Order: Purchase or sale of a stock at a future date and price.
- Buy a stock over the current market bid with a stop order. Once a certain price is reached, it turns on.
7. Select the Stock’s Quantity
Set the number of stock shares to be purchased on Webull once your order has been created. Finally, adjust the quantity of shares you want to buy using the slider button or the plus and minus buttons.
8. Choose the Time-in-Force Option
You can control how long the order will be valid by selecting the Time-in-Force option.
The three Time-In-Force choices are as follows:
- Orders that are good-til-cancelled (GTC) stay open until they are fulfilled or canceled
- Day Orders: They expire at day’s end
- Orders that are Fill-or-Kill (FOK) will either be filled right away or canceled.
If you’re unsure how to purchase stocks on Webull, speak with a Webull customer service agent.
9. Select the Buy Option
Click the “Buy” button on the bottom left corner of your screen once you’ve entered all the stock order details.
10. Confirm Your Purchase
Ensure that the order details and the stock you are buying are correct. Then, after double-checking, click “Confirm Order” to finalize the purchase.
11. Check the Status
You can monitor the status of your stocks on the status page. You go to the “My Securities” page to see the stocks you bought and sold on Webull.
See our guide on how to replace your bank account with your Venmo money.
How to Buy Penny Stocks on Webull?
Although penny stocks carry a high level of risk, they also have the potential for high gains.
The steps for purchasing penny stocks on Webull are as follows:
- Create a Webull account.
- Enter your bank information with the routing number to fund your account and link it. A money transfer usually takes four business days for the getting a direct transfer into your account.
- Click “Markets” on the top menu bar and select “Penny Stocks” from the sub-menu.
- To find the penny stock you’re interested in purchasing, use the search bar. After that, click the stock’s name to get the details. The name, price, volume, and market cap are among the information provided for each penny stock.
- Below the stock table, you’ll see a “Buy” button. Click on it and enter the number of penny stock shares you want to buy on Webull.
- Click “Buy” and then review the terms and conditions.
Please be aware that not all penny stocks can be traded on Webull.
You must also purchase a minimum quantity of stock shares in order to use the app. For instance, Apple Inc. (AAPL) just needs 0.00001 shares to qualify as a firm. Hence, one Apple share costs $0.01 to purchase.
Also, due to insufficient liquidity or other factors, the trading of some equities may be suspended.
How to Buy OTC Stocks on Webull?
As of now, Webull does not support the trading of OTC stocks. However, if a stock has been delisted from a major exchange to the OTC market, you’ll need to close your position. As a result, you will not be able to trade OTC stocks on Webull, and you will have to close your existing positions.
Contact the customer service department as soon as possible through their Help Center if you have transferred OTC stocks from another broker to Webull.
Even yet, non-OTC Webull stocks can still be purchased for under $1.
How to Buy Partial Stocks on Webull?
A way to purchase stocks without purchasing the complete stock is through partial stocks. Because they lack the funds to purchase an entire share, investors purchase partial shares. Spreading out your risk and avoiding focusing on stocks with a restricted supply is another factor.
The steps to purchase partial stocks on Webull are as follows:
- Choose a stock that permits Webull trading in fractional shares. On the stock information page, there must be a green diamond icon.
- Change the type of order to Market Order.
- Tap the Whole Share button, change it to Fractional, and enter the desired amount.
- Send Webull your order to purchase a portion of the stock.
Things to Know About Buying Partial Stocks on Webull
Following are some Webull guidelines for purchasing fractional shares:
- Only during regular business hours are partial shares for particular stocks and ETFs available for purchase. When the stock market is open must be when
- When purchasing a fractional share on Webull, a Market Order is required.
- A is required when buying a fractional share
- There must be more shares overall than 0.00001
- Once you’ve made the partial stock trade, you won’t be able to change an open order.
- Fractional stocks are ineligible for the .
How To Sell Stocks On Webull and Buy Summary
Webull provides fee-free stock trading and purchasing. It is a free and inexpensive way to invest online. But always remember to conduct your own research before funding any business.
Aside from stocks, other investment options are available, such as bonds, commodities, ETFs, mutual funds, and good assets that generate income.
See our guide on Robinhood had unpaid bills.