There’s no doubting that Phonepe has become the preferred method of making online payments for many people. For online transactions, Phonepe has become one of the most popular UPI service providers.
If you’re considering switching to another service provider or having problems with your Phonepe account, you can delete it at any moment.
Please keep in mind that if you have money in your Phonepe Wallet, you should get it out as soon as possible before completely cancelling your account.
Take a look at this article to understand how to delete your PhonePe account.
To delete/close your PhonePe account, follow these steps:
- Launch the PhonePe application.
- On the home screen, tap the? in the upper right corner.
- Choose the option for My Account and KYC.
- Choose My PhonePe Account Information from the drop-down menu.
- Select the option to delete my PhonePe account.
- The next screen will provide you a list of possible reasons for terminating the application’s services. Pick your rationale.
- Choose your language after tapping on the Contact Support option.
- Within one day, a member of the PhonePe team will contact you.
Things to keep in mind before Closing PhonePe Account
- Make sure you’ve completed all pending transactions before you delete your PhonePe account.
- Make sure your phone number and bank account are unlinked before you delete your PhonePe account.
- You can claim any cashback offers you have once you delete the account.
- Before you delete your PhonePe account, make sure you empty your wallet.