One of the most popular UPI applications for online transactions is Paytm. Paytm has been assisting customers for over a decade.
You can deactivate your existing Paytm account if you are switching to another service provider or have any reservations about Paytm’s service or policies.
If you have any money remaining in your Paytm wallet, you should get it out before you delete your account.
Here’s a step-by-step approach to permanently deleting your Paytm account.
How to permanently remove your Paytm account:
- Activate the Paytm app.
- The Paytm profile icon should be selected.
- Scroll down and tap the options for 24 hour help and support.
- Select an option. My account must be closed or deleted.
- Select a reason for the account deletion.
- Make a request through the Paytm app.
- Paytm will close your account.
Things to keep in mind before Closing Paytm Account
- First, finish all pending transactions.
- If you have any pending cashback offers, you will be unable to claim them until your account is closed.
- Your bank account and phone number should be separated.
- Move money from your Paytm wallet to your bank account.