Indian Bank is a well-known bank with offices all across India that provides banking and finance services to its customers, as well as maintaining track of fixed deposits in current accounts, internet banking, and many more services.
If you want to close your Indian Bank account, this article will provide you with detailed information on how to do so so that you don’t have any difficulty understanding and implementing everything correctly.
But first, let’s take a look at the reasons why someone might close their account with a specific bank.
- Customer service is lacking.
- Interest rates are lower.
- Possessing many accounts.
- Any disagreements among bank members.
- Online services are inadequate.
- In the case of transactions, the fees are higher.
Steps to be followed for closing Indian Bank Account
- Steps to be followed for closing Indian Bank Account
- Things to do before closing the Indian Bank account
- Indian Bank Account Closing Charges
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to close a bank account in an Indian Bank without visiting the bank?
- What if there’s minimal balance in my bank account?
- Is it possible to close one’s Indian bank account online?
- Is it important to have a minimum required amount in the bank?
- How much time will the Indian Bank take to close the bank account?
- Can I close the Indian bank account before one year?
- What are the documents that I require to submit while closing an Indian bank account?
- How can I change my Indian bank account to zero balance?
Here are some things to follow if you wish to close your Indian Bank account.
- Step 1: Obtain and complete the bank account closure form.
To close your account, download the closure bank account form from the bank website or visit the bank directly to get a copy of the account closure form. Fill up every required detail, and a signature is a must. If someone has a joint bank account, then the signature of every member who’s using the account is required.
- Step 2: Upload your customer documents, often known as your KYC.
For the closure of the present bank account, every bank account owner must provide their KYC document, which includes their PAN card, aadhar card as proof of identification, and proof of address. They may be required to sign the above-mentioned documents themselves.
- Step #3: Return to your bank branch with your balance check, debit card, and passbook.
Whoever is willing to close their bank account permanantly needs to surrender their Cheque, debit card, and passbook to their particular bank branch; only then the bank will take their account closure process further.
- Step #4: Take your savings account balance and withdraw it.
The owner of the account is advised to withdraw their money from their savings account in the form of cash or through a cheque, or transactions can be made to their new account. The bank first will verify every attached document, and after the user is convinced that everything is okay, they can take their money back with them.
Using the methods outlined above, one can easily shut their Indian bank account without any challenges or other issues. These are the simple and painless actions to take.
The bank branch will notify the account owner via email or text message once all of the procedures have been completed and the account has been successfully closed.
NOTE- If you find any difficulty in closing the Indian bank account, call on 180042500000; it’s a customer care number of the bank. The customer care executive will help you in closing the bank account.
Things to do before closing the Indian Bank account
There are a few items to keep in mind when cancelling the account, including the following:
- To close your existing Indian Bank account, you must go to a bank branch.
- You should be informed that if you close your bank account once, you will not be able to open it again in the future.
- It is recommended that you print the bank statement and keep it secure because you may need it at some point in the future.
- Make sure your cards aren’t linked to the automated payments.
- Clear all outstanding debts for a simple and painless account bank closing process.
- While closing your previous Indian Bank bank account, transfer all remaining funds to the new account.
Indian Bank Account Closing Charges
Everyone who want to close their Indian bank account is required to pay a fee ranging from Rs.500 to Rs.1000.
After that, the account closure task is completed, and the work is completed within 14 days.
- Small Statement from an Indian Bank
- Bank Working Hours and Timings in India
- 5 Methods to Locate the CIF Number in an Indian Bank
Frequently Asked Questions
How to close a bank account in an Indian Bank without visiting the bank?
The account owner can download the Indian bank’s closure account form online, but they must visit the bank to present their KYC documents. You can also obtain the Indian bank account cancellation form from your local branch.
What if there’s minimal balance in my bank account?
If the amount is less than the amount that should be in your bank, you may be asked to pay certain penalties, which will cause issues and a delay in closing your bank account. Certain negative amounts will be charged by the bank.
Is it possible to close one’s Indian bank account online?
No, Indian Bank does not recommend or authorize the cancellation of an account using online means. To close the bank account, one must go to the branch.
Is it important to have a minimum required amount in the bank?
It certainly is; else, fees must be paid. Every bank has a minimum account balance that must be maintained, and if it is not, the bank will charge a negative sum.
How much time will the Indian Bank take to close the bank account?
You can easily close the Indian bank account if you follow the steps outlined above. However, depending on the circumstances, the time may vary; otherwise, the bank account will be closed within 14 days.
Can I close the Indian bank account before one year?
Yes, you can close your Indian bank account before the end of the year.
What are the documents that I require to submit while closing an Indian bank account?
The bank will request certain documents for the verification process when closing your Indian bank account, such as your PAN card, Aadhar card, bank passbook, and passport size photograph.
How can I change my Indian bank account to zero balance?
Yes, Indian Bank customers can convert their Indian Bank accounts to zero balance accounts. A customer with a zero balance account simply has to keep a minimal balance on a monthly or quarterly basis.