In an Initial Public Offering, a private firm sells new stock to the general public. It allows ordinary people to invest in their stock. This is made simple and painless with a trading platform like Upstox.
A stable internet connection and a computer are required to apply for an IPO in the Upstox app. To hold an IPO, companies must meet the standards of exchanges and the Securities and Exchange Commission. It’s a significant step for the organization because it opens up the possibility of raising a large sum of money.
Follow the steps outlined below to register for an IPO using the Upstox app.
Steps for applying IPO in Upstox
If you’re using the most recent version of the Upstox App, follow the steps below.
- If you are a first-time user, create an account by filling out all of the required information. If you’re already a user, enter your Upstox mobile app with a 6-digit pin or touch ID.
- Find the Discover option in the footer and tap Invest in IPO.
- You’ll now have three IPO choices: current IPOs, my IPOs, and past IPOs.
- You must next select one category, obviously Ongoing IPO, in order to locate and apply for open IPOs.
- Choose an IPO to invest in and then click Apply.
- You will be taken to an IPO application page, where you must fill out all of the required information.
Note: You must apply for an IPO in Upstox between the hours of 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Please double-check everything before clicking Confirm and Apply.
- A pending UPI procedure can be found here.
- Check your My Application (My IPOs) page once your UPI payment is complete.
- Congrats on receiving your initial public offerings.
If you’re using an older version of Upstox, follow these instructions:
- Please register for an account on the Upstox app and protect it with a six-digit pin or biometrics. If you already have an Upstox account, use your User Id and Password to log in.
- In order to authenticate your account, you may be prompted to verify your birth year.
- Tap Invest in the lower right corner.
- Choose Ongoing IPOs to obtain a list of all open IPOs for which you can apply.
- Then select Details. (You can get all the information on the IPO firm here.)
- You are now ready to bid by clicking the Put Bid button.
- You must now input your UPI address and then click Proceed.
- To complete the process, enter the relevant information such as lot size, bid amount, and so on.
Note: Double-check the details you have filled in and proceed to your final step in order to block your amount.
- You’re all set to place your order. Confirm by clicking.
- Accept the UPI mandate request and complete the transaction.
You can also apply for the IPO if you have a running trading account or you use net banking. While applying through net banking, give your Upstox Demat account number. Here your allocated shares will be deposited in your Upstox Demat account and go live on listing day for sale. IPOs shares usually have a great demand in the stock market.
This procedure may result in the stock market listing of the company’s shares. They receive cash for future initiatives and, if necessary, debt repayment. Investors in the stock market have the opportunity to purchase a company’s stock at an early stage. Several IPOs receive bids of 100 times or more. In India, retail investors have reserved a portion of an initial public offering.
When you apply with Upstox, you will not be charged any fees. When selling IPO shares, the commission for stock delivery trades is $20 per trade or 0.1%, whichever is lesser. You must also pay government taxes as well as Demat debit transaction fees.
In March 2020, Upstox began offering an initial public offering. The IPO facilitates easy trading and monetization of investments. A company’s initial public offering (IPO) is a critical phase in its development. It improves a company’s credibility and visibility.