Apple Cash is a virtual payment mechanism that is incorporated into iPhones and other Apple products. It works in the same way as a prepaid debit card.
When combined with Apple Pay, Apple Cash may be used for safe and contactless payments in addition to sending and receiving money from friends and family.
With Apple Cash’s growing popularity and use in everyday activities, concerns have been noted. Apple Cash frequently fails to function for Apple users.
After successfully utilizing Apple Pay for hundreds of transactions, it suddenly stops working in a store. You can send money using Apple Pay in the messaging app, but it doesn’t always appear on the other side.
The Apple Cash Card balance may not always update when transferring money across bank accounts.
Apple Cash accounts that are under review, locked, or restricted are also prevalent problems. All of these concerns are upsetting, but they can be resolved with the right efforts.
Why Does My Apple Cash Say It Is Not Available Right Now?
- Why Does My Apple Cash Say It Is Not Available Right Now?
- Why is Apple Cash Not Working?
- How to Fix “Apple Cash Not Working”?
- Fix 1: Check Whether The Apple Device Model Supports Apple Cash
- Fix 2: Check For The Latest Version Of iOS
- Fix 3: Restart Your Apple Device
- Fix 4: Set Up The Apple Cash Again
- Fix 5: Take Backup and Restore Your Device With Its Help
- Fix 6: Reset Your Device’s Network Settings
- How to Enable Apple Cash?
- Apple Cash Not Working at Store
- Apple Cash Not Working At 7 Eleven
- Apple Cash Not Updating Balance
- Apple Cash Locked
- Apple Cash Not Showing Up
- Apple Pay Not Working Through The Text
If your Apple Cash account is being reviewed, locked, or limited, it may become unavailable.
The company restricts or locks your Apple Cash account to protect your account security and protect you from fraud.
This account inaccessibility could be temporary or remain until your account is reviewed.
You may need to validate your identification to resolve the issue, and if that doesn’t work, you should contact Apple Help for further instructions.
Why is Apple Cash Not Working?
If you can’t send or receive money in messages with your Apple Cash, it could be because of one of the following issues:
- Assume you are not a citizen of the United States. To use Apple Cash, you must be a citizen of the United States. Only the United States has access to this digital payment service.
- If you do not live in the United States, you can only utilize this service in the United States. If you wish to utilize the Apply Cash service, make sure you’ve set your iPhone or iPad’s location to the United States.
- It is necessary to use Apple Cash if you have not yet reached the minimum age requirement of 18 years.
- If the operating system on your iPhone or Apple Watch is not up to date.
- If you can’t use Apple Cash on your Apple device.
- If your mobile data or Wi-Fi connection is inadequate.
- If you’ve signed into iMessage and iCloud with different IDs.
- If the identification of either you or the people to whom you want to send money is unknown.
Also Read: Apple Pay versus Apple Cash
How to Fix “Apple Cash Not Working”?
If Apple Cash is not working, you can attempt the following solutions to get it working again.
Fix 1: Check Whether The Apple Device Model Supports Apple Cash
It’s critical to check whether Apple Cash Service is available on the device you’re using. Apple Cash Service is only available on the iPhone SE, iPhone 6 or later, Apple Watch, iPad mini 3 or later, iPad Air 2 or later, iPad Pro, and iPad (5th and later generation).
Fix 2: Check For The Latest Version Of iOS
To use Apple Cash properly on your iPhone or iPad, you must have the most recent version of iOS or iPadOS installed. To update to the latest version, follow these steps:
- To begin, go to your iPhone or iPad’s settings.
- Choose General Settings after you’ve opened your iPhone or iPad’s settings.
- You may check whether a new update is available under the general settings. If so, select the software update option.
- If a software update for your iPhone or iPad is available, download and install it. If you have a good internet connection, it should take about 15-20 minutes to download and install.
Fix 3: Restart Your Apple Device
Apple Cash can sometimes be restored by simply restarting the iPhone, iPad, or iWatch. Let’s look at how to restart your iPhone.
Steps to Restart iPhone X Or Later
With the iPhone X, the device’s side button took on new functions. One of these responsibilities is to restart the iPhone. You can use the methods below to restart your iPhone X or a newer model.
- To begin, press and hold the side and volume down keys on your iPhone X or any newer iPhone model at the same time.
- A slide to power off slider bar will appear on the screen if you simultaneously press and hold the volume down and side buttons on your iPhone.
- After that, drag the slider bar on your iPhone’s screen from left to right. This will turn off your computer.
- Allow 15-30 seconds for your iPhone to shut down. Following then, keep pressing the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen. Wait for the device to restart after you release the Side button.
Fix 4: Set Up The Apple Cash Again
Restarting the Apple Cash can help solve the problem of it not working. You can set up Apple Cash by following the steps shown below.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app.
- To find the Wallet option, scroll down a little. After that, go to Wallet and pick Apple Pay.
- Switch on Apple Cash.
- Choose Apple Cash from the Payment Cards menu.
- On your device’s screen, select the Continue option. Following that, you must follow the instructions given on your iPhone or iPad’s screen.
Fix 5: Take Backup and Restore Your Device With Its Help
Apple Pay not functioning difficulties can also be resolved by restoring your Apple device (iPhone or iPad) from a backup. There are two ways to do it:
Restoring From an iCloud Backup
You can restore your iPhone or iPad from an iCloud backup by following the instructions listed below.
- Turn on your smartphone after wiping off everything on it. There will be a welcome screen.
- To get to the Apps & Data screen, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Choose Restore from iCloud Backup as the first option.
- Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
- Check the date and quantity of the backup before selecting it.
- The data transfer will begin. If a software update is required to finish the process, follow the instructions on your device’s screen to update it.
- Sign in with your Apple ID to restore your purchases or apps.
- Allow the backup to finish. You must stay connected to Wi-Fi until the backup is complete.
- After you’ve completed the setup, you can begin using your smartphone.
Restoring With Backup on Computer
You must follow the procedures below to restore an iPhone or iPad from a backup using a computer.
- Open either the Finder or iTunes, depending on your Mac.
- Connect your gadget to the computer with a USB cord.
- Enter the passcode and then follow the instructions on the screen.
- Select your device from the Finder window or iTunes.
- Select Restore Backup from the menu.
- After validating the date and amount of data, select the suitable backup.
- Choose Restore. If necessary, provide the encrypted backup password.
- The gadget will reboot. While the sync completes, keep it linked to the computer.
Fix 6: Reset Your Device’s Network Settings
Resetting the Network settings on your smartphone may help solve your Apple Pay not functioning problem. The methods listed below will allow you to reset the network settings for your devices.
- Go to your device’s settings.
- From there, select the General Settings option.
- Reset and then Reset Network Settings are the options.
- To complete the reset, type the password.
Apple Cash service can take a little longer to start in your message app. Hence, please be patient. If it doesn’t work, you can try proving your identity or contacting Apple for assistance.
How to Enable Apple Cash?
With the instructions below, you may easily enable or set up Apple Pay on your iPhone.
Step 1: Go to Settings
The first step is to open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
Step 2: Select Wallet and Apple Pay
To find the Wallet option in the settings app, scroll down a little. After that, go to Wallet and pick Apple Pay.
Step 3: Turn On the Apple Cash
When you tap on Apple Pay, you’ll be given the choice to enable Apple Cash, which you should do.
Step 4: Tap Apple Cash Under Payment Cards
You must also select the Apple Cash option under Payment Cards after turning on Apple Cash.
Step 5: Tap Continue
Then, on your device’s screen, select the Continue option. Following that, you must follow the instructions given on your iPhone or iPad’s screen.
After the setting is complete, you can go to messages and send or receive Apple Pay payments.
Apple Cash Not Working at Store
If your Apple Cash isn’t working in any store, it’s possible that it’s been locked or is being reviewed to avoid fraud.
1. If Apple Cash is Under Review
If your account is being reviewed, please allow at least two business days for the evaluation to be completed. Your account will either become active again or you will receive an update on your Apple Cash Card.
2. If Apple Cash is Locked
Your Apple Cash account may be locked for security reasons or if additional security checks are required. Before contacting Apple Help, you can try to verify your identity.
Verify your Identity
- Open the Wallet App.
- Tap the Apple Cash Card icon.
- Go to Settings
- Tap Wallet
- Tap Apple Pay
- Tap the Apple Cash Card icon.
For Apple Watch
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch App.
- Tap Wallet
- Tap Apple Pay
- Select Apple Cash Card.
Following any of the aforementioned processes, you must authenticate your identity by following the instructions that display on your device’s screen, depending on the device you have.
Note: For identity verification, enter your real personal information.
Apple Cash Not Working At 7 Eleven
At 7 eleven, you can use your Apple Cash balance to make payments using Apple Pay. If Apple Cash isn’t working at 7 Eleven, it’s either because of a issue on their end or because your Apple Cash is being reviewed or locked owing to security concerns.
To begin, determine whether your Apple Cash is solely valid at 7-11 or if the situation is the same at other locations.
You can try to authenticate your identity using the procedures outlined above, and if that doesn’t work, you can contact Apple Help for additional assistance.
Apple Cash Not Updating Balance
Due to a technical glitch in the system, your Apple Cash balance may not be updated. Follow the steps outlined below to resolve the problem.
- To begin, go to your iPhone, iPad, or Mac and launch the Wallet app.
- Apple Pay is available in the Wallet app. To open it, select it.
- After you’ve opened Apple Pay, you’ll have the choice to turn on or off Apple Cash. You must deactivate Apple Cash.
- You must switch on Apple Cash again from the same option. This will bring your Apple Cash balance up to date.
- To reset the wallet balances, sign out of iCloud and then sign back in.
Apple Cash Locked
If your Apple Cash is locked, you won’t be able to use it for anything.
- Transferring funds to others.
- Getting money from other people.
- Use it to make purchases.
- Send the remaining balance to your bank account.
This usually happens after several failed ID verification attempts to protect you from fraud. To resolve this issue, contact Apple Support and follow the on-screen instructions.
Also Read: How Can I Take Money Out Of Apple Pay?
Apple Cash Not Showing Up
If your Apple Cash Account is not properly set up, your Apple Cash may not appear. The methods to create an Apple Cash account are simple to follow.
- Open the settings app on your eligible Apple device.
- Scroll down to discover and select Apple Pay.
- You’ll be given the choice to enable Apple Cash. Switch it on.
- Among the numerous payment card options, choose the Apple Pay card.
- Choose the next option and follow the instructions on your device’s screen.
After the money transfers, it may take up to 1-3 business days for Apple Cash to appear in your account. As a result, it is preferable to wait thus long.
Apple Pay Not Working Through The Text
If your Apple Pay isn’t working via text, make sure your ID region is set to the United States. To fix the problem, sign out of your Apple ID and then sign back in. After that, take the quick steps listed below.
- To begin, go to the Messages app and open any iMessage.
- To find the three dots, swipe to the left on the icon bar. Choose the three dots.
- Check to see if there is an option to add Apple Pay after tapping the three dots. If so, include it.
- It’s possible that the prior money thread didn’t work for some reason. If the money has not yet reached the other side, you must remove it. Try sending money again after following the instructions outlined above.
Apple Pay now serves a variety of functions in the lives of Apple device owners, although it can be tough to utilize at times.
The majority of difficulties can be readily resolved by following the easy procedures below, while others require the company’s attention.
Contacting Apple Support is the final choice for addressing any Apple Cash-related issue. They will lead you through the necessary stages.
It may take a little longer, but rest assured that the problem will be handled. We hope that this article may assist you in resolving various Apple Cash-related concerns.