is one of the best memberships for any warehouse club. It’s a great value for the money. The Costco Executive member offers quality perks, like two percent Most purchases will earn you money back., free roadside assistance, and more.
It’s also worth mentioning that Costco’s store policies vary from time to time. Their store time exclusivity is a recent change worth noting. Several individuals are now questioning whether the Costco Executive Membership privileges are still worthwhile.
Are the hours for Costco Executive Members better than those for regular members?
No, Costco Executive members no longer get an hour early access to the store. All membership tiers join the store at the same time and do not have access to priority shopping. Costco, for example, has the same hours for Gold Star, Business, and Executive members.
Despite not being able to shop during special hours, there are plenty of reasons to become an Executive Member. This post will go through some of the advantages and benefits available to Executive Members.
What are the Costco Executive Membership Hours?
- What are the Costco Executive Membership Hours?
- Does Costco Have Early Hours for Executive Members?
- What’s the Benefit of an Executive Costco Membership?
- How Much Do You Need to Spend for Costco Executive Membership to be Worth it?
- How Can I Add Someone to my Costco Executive Membership?
- Costco Executive Membership Hours Summary
Costco Executive Membership is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Exclusive Executive member hours are no longer available. Regardless of membership status, all members enjoy the same shopping hours.
Costco Executive members used to get an hour early access to the store, however this is no longer a benefit. The ability to dodge the crowds was a wonderful bonus.
Please note that have changed and can vary by warehouse due to certain precautions because of the Coronavirus. a
Does Costco Have Early Hours for Executive Members?
Costco Executive members, unfortunately, do not have access to early warehouse hours. They used to have early shopping hours that were reserved for them. However, the policy was amended, and now all members, regardless of membership level, shop at the same times.
Costco members who belong to the following categories, however, are exempt:
- Seniors (60 years old and over)
- People with disability
- Immunocompromised members are those who have been diagnosed with a weakened immune system.
- Medical professionals
- Police officers, firefighters, paramedics, and EMTs are examples of first responders.
Costco will allow members listed above to shop an hour before the usual opening. In addition, it started offering special hours in to help the elderly, people with disability, and immunocompromised to protect them from unnecessary exposure to Covid19.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 9 to 10 a.m., Costco warehouses in the United States and Puerto Rico provide Special Operation Hours, an hour before they open to the general public.
There are just four Costco locations that do not have extended hours, including:
- Special hours are from 8:00 to 9:00 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays in Brooklyn, NY.
- Culver City, CA: Special hours are Tuesday and Thursday from 8:00 to 9:00 a.m.
- Iwilei (Honolulu), HI: Special Hours are Tuesday and Thursday from 8:00 to 9:00 a.m.
- Westbury, NY: Special hours are Tuesday and Thursday from 8:00 to 9:00 a.m.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays, Costco senior hours enable persons with disabilities gain better parking and shorter queues at the gas pump.
What’s the Benefit of an Executive Costco Membership?
Executive Costco members enjoy various benefits, and the most popular is earning a 2% reward on all Costco purchases, up to $1000 back. Every executive member will receive 2% cashback on most of their purchases, excluding things such as alcohol, Costco gas, and the Costco food court.
If you think you’ll be shopping at Costco frequently, it’s always a good idea to obtain a Costco Executive Membership. There’s no risk in upgrading your membership because you’ll be refunded the difference.
Here are some of the online and in-store benefits and services available to Executive Costco Members:
- : The most popular travel-related service is car rentals. Executive members receive their usual discount on rental cars and coupons for free upgrades. It includes hiring a manual transmission car, a standard vehicle, and Companies that do not demand a credit check for car rentals.
More offers include reduced rates for airport locations and complimentary services such as unlimited mileage and insurance coverage. In addition, the online rental car interface is simple to use, clear to understand, and the final price includes taxes and fees. Other Costco travel benefits include hotel stays, airfare, cruise, tour packages, and more.
- : Executive members get access to Costco pharmacy services. Also, you will receive up to 25% off on some prescriptions that are available in the warehouses.
- : Eye exams and glasses are the most common optical services that members receive. The EyeMed and VSP insurance are accepted at Costco Eye Clinic. with your membership card.
- Free Roadside Assistance: They’ll help you If you need air in your tires, change a tire, jump or sell you a new car battery.
- Bottled Water Service: They will deliver Containers for refilling drinking water to your house in 3 or 5-gallon jugs. You get spring or purified water that’s a combination of deionization, distillation, and reverse osmosis to Impurities will be removed from your filtered water.
- Check Printing: You can order business or personal checks for a discount.
- Identity Protection: They monitor your credit so people cannot to ruin your credit score by using a stolen credit card.
- Discount Auto Parts: Save 15% on auto service and parts such as car door speakers, air filters, replacing used tires, engine filters, deep cycle batteries, 12v winch batteries, and more.
- Truck Rental: You can save up to 25% renting a Budget truck up to 26-feet. You will have to cover the cost of cardboard boxes if you need them when moving or packing stuff. Your membership also includes one free extra driver with each pickup truck or large truck rental.
- Costco customers receive insurance discounts on pets, life, dental plans, auto, home, health, prescription, and vision insurance.
- Installed Products: Costco members can get products installed, including Lennox heating and air conditioners, Graber custom window treatments, Shaw carpets, and hardwood floors, custom garage doors, cabinet refacing, Closet Factory custom home organization systems, home water treatment systems, Generac home generator, residential solar panels, and more.
EBT SNAP is accepted at Costco food courts for prepared foods., including cash, credit card, debit card, Costco cash cards, and personal checks with a membership card. Its For donuts, the bakery also accepts EBT cards. and custom cakes.
How Much Do You Need to Spend for Costco Executive Membership to be Worth it?
When you spend at least $3,000 per year, the 2% payback offered by the Costco Executive membership is well worth it. To make the Executive membership worthwhile, you should spend $250 each month on average to recoup at least $60 of the difference between the Gold Star and the Executive membership.
Costco mails your annual 2% reward about three months before your renewal date. You’ll receive a Costco business check that you can only spend in-store. You can use the check toward your shopping purchase or your membership renewal. Login to to see your renewal date on the page.
On the plus side, if you don’t earn at least $60 for the upgraded Costco Executive Membership, they will refund the difference from the standard Gold Star. For example, a standard Gold Star membership costs $60, and an Executive costs $120. So if your cash back check is only $40, then Costco will refund you the $20 difference and retroactively downgrade you to the standard Gold Star Membership.
However, you cannot retroactively upgrade your membership if you end up spending a lot of money purchasing a mattress from Costco, a new car with the Costco Auto Program, new appliances like a refrigerator, or booking a European trip with Costco Travel for your family.
The Executive Membership isn’t worth it if you spend less than $2,000 at Costco in a year. The Executive Membership, on the other hand, is well worth it if you spend more than $2,000 at Costco in a year. The Executive Membership is practically a must-have if you spend more than $3,000 at Costco in a year.
How Can I Add Someone to my Costco Executive Membership?
For $55.00, Main Executive Members can add additional individuals to their account as Affiliates.
Your annual dues will be collected when you renew your membership. If the principal member wants to add an Affiliate, they need have their Executive Membership number handy.
The person being added must be a member of the same household and have a current, unexpired Costco membership card or number.
By visiting the Membership Desk and presenting your Costco Executive member card as well as a valid photo ID for each person, you can add up to three additional people.
You can also contact Costco’s membership hotline at 1-800-774-2678.
Costco Executive Membership Hours Summary
If you buy at Costco frequently, an executive membership can save you a lot of money over time. Just keep in mind that you’ll need to spend at least $3,000 per year to receive your $60 back.
Before joining Costco’s Executive program, consider how much cashback is worthwhile to you to upgrade and if you’ll spend enough money. Unfortunately, it’s easy to spend a lot of money at Costco on things like treadmills for hills with an incline, backyard playsets, engagement rings, giant teddy bears, watches, expensive wine, stamps, or a For a Cricut Maker, I need a new laptop..
However, keep in mind that your household will be required to pay a minimum of $60 in annual Gold Star fees. If an Executive membership doesn’t seem worthwhile, you can always reduce to a Gold Star Membership after the fact.
See our related article on Employee discounts and benefits are available at Costco.