Gift cards have become more popular than ever, ranking among the during the past holiday season. Who wouldn’t want a gift they can buy whenever they want?
Gift cards are frequently regarded as a safer alternative to traditional gifts. Hence, if you want to offer a gift quickly and easily, a gift card is the way to go.
As a result, during the holiday season, you may receive a gift card and want to add it to your Cash App account. Cash App is a popular mobile payment program that allows users to send and receive money from friends, family, and acquaintances.
So, which gift cards are compatible with Cash App?
Short Answer: Cash App does not support gift cards since it’s incompatible with gift-based cards. It supports Plaid-linked bank accounts, credit cards, ATM cards, debit cards, Chime, Robinhood, Netspend Green Dot, and financial institutions.
Although you can’t directly add a gift card to Cash App, you can transfer the gift card value to your Cash App account using a workaround.
Can I Add a Gift Card to Cash App?
- Can I Add a Gift Card to Cash App?
- How To Add a Gift Card to Cash App?
- How to Transfer Money from Gift Card to Cash App?
- Can You Add a Visa Gift Card to Cash App?
- How To Transfer Money from Visa Gift Card to Cash App?
- Can I Add a Prepaid Card to Cash App?
- Add a Gift Card to Cash App Summary
Except for a few government-enabled prepaid cards, you can’t add a gift card to Cash App. Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express cards are accepted by the app. Prepaid cards, such as gift cards purchased in-store or online, are typically not compatible with Cash App.
Some benefits, such as social security and veterans’ benefits, are loaded onto government-enabled prepaid cards by the federal government.
See our guide on Paying in-store with Cash App without a card.
How To Add a Gift Card to Cash App?
You can’t add a gift card to Cash App right now. Just Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover credit cards and bank accounts are accepted.
If you want to add a gift card to Cash App in the future, follow these steps:
- Launch on your mobile device.
- Tap the building icon in the lower-left corner to access the “My Cash” tab.
- Select + Insert a credit card” under the name of your bank.
- When available, enter the information from your gift card.
- Add the gift card to your Cash App account by tapping “Add Card.”
Find out how to remove a payment method from the Cash App.
How to Transfer Money from Gift Card to Cash App?
Cash App does not directly accept gift cards. However, alternative ways are to transfer money from a gift card to Cash App with .
Card Cash is one of the the best locations to cash in on gift cards. In addition, you can use discounted gift cards to save money on purchases.
To transfer money from gift cards to Cash App, follow these steps:
- Go to the .
- Enter the merchant’s name, your gift card balance and select “Get Offer.” You’ll get an offer to buy your gift card for money to send to your PayPal account.
- Accept the amount by selecting “Obtain $X in cash.”
- Select PayPal Express as your payment option.
- Use your gift card number and PIN code to link your PayPal account.
- Confirm by selecting “Obtain my PayPal Account Balance.”
- When the money arrives in your PayPal Wallet, you can transfer it to your bank account.
- Add the discounted gift card money to Cash App after your bank account receives the money from PayPal Wallet.
Although transferring money from a gift card to Cash App is a multi-step process, it will get easier once you’ve done it a few times.
Can You Add a Visa Gift Card to Cash App?
A Visa gift card cannot be added to Cash App.
A Visa gift card is a prepaid Visa card that can be used at any store that accepts Visa debit cards worldwide. Because you can’t transfer the balance to your Cash App account, we recommend using your Visa gift card to pay bills, make online and in-store purchases, or pay for services.
See our guide on places where I can load money onto my Cash App card.
How To Transfer Money from Visa Gift Card to Cash App?
It is not possible to transfer money directly from a Visa gift card to your Cash App account. As a result, we’ve devised an alternative way that necessitates the use of a PayPal account to finish.
You can link a Visa Gift Card to your PayPal wallet and then to your Cash App to transfer money.
- Login to your PayPal account.
- Select “PayPal Balance,” which enters your wallet balance.
- Choose “Link a Card.”
- Enter your gift card details such as the card number, card type, expiration date, security code, and billing address, then select “Link Card.”
You can transfer the Paypal balance to your Cash App account once the Visa Gift Card is linked to your PayPal account.
Steps to transfer gift card cash from PayPal to Cash App:
- In the PayPal app, select “Transfer Money.”
- Choose “Make a Bank Transfer.”
- If you haven’t done so already, you can now attach your Cash App debit card.
- Choose the cash amount to transfer from PayPal to Cash App. Then review the transaction details and confirm by selecting “Transfer.”
See our guide on Why does Cash App claim it can’t attach your card right now?.
Can I Add a Prepaid Card to Cash App?
No, you cannot add a prepaid card to Cash App. Your Cash App account can only be linked to a bank account, debit card, or credit card. Instead, link prepaid cards to mobile payment apps such as PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay.
Cash App, on the other hand, accepts government-issued prepaid cards. As a result, online and in-store purchased gift cards and prepaid cards are not compatible with Cash App.
Add a Gift Card to Cash App Summary
does not support gift cards because it’s not compatible with gift-based cards. Instead, it only supports linked bank accounts, Credit cards and debit cards are both acceptable options. from Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
Nevertheless, by adding a PayPal account to Cash App, you can add a gift card.