As it gets harder for people to afford homes, the real estate market gets more competitive.
Renting out real estate on online marketplaces like Airbnb is one way to continue making money in the real estate sector even if you don’t own any property. It’s a method for earning passive revenue on non-personal property.!
If you’re not familiar, Airbnb is a website that connects people who have spare living space with others who need a place to stay temporarily.
The company was, and now has over 4 million hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion visitors from nearly every country!
The short answer is no, you don’t need to own a home to profit from Airbnb. You may also manage real estate, house sit unoccupied Airbnb properties, rent out your space, and more!
Ways to Make Money on Airbnb Without Owning Properties
- Ways to Make Money on Airbnb Without Owning Properties
- How to Make Money on Airbnb Without Owning Property Summary
Here are a few quick methods to generate money with Airbnb.
1. Property Management
Taking care of other people’s properties is one way to generate income through Airbnb. If you are not a property owner yourself or are not interested in renting out your own property, it can be a terrific option.
You’ll need the following to work as an Airbnb property manager:
- Become a property manager by registering at
- Fill out an application, then wait for Airbnb to accept you.
- Make a listing for your property management services.
- Discover how to attract customers for your Airbnb property management service.
- Discuss pricing with clients
- Organize the property and make sure it’s tidy and maintained
- Deliver keys to guests at arrival and collect them upon departure
- Enforce any age limits, like hotels that accept guests above the age of 18-in or any service dogs that pose a safety risk
- Manage any problems that arise during the rental period; you’re basically a local 24-hour hotel manager
- At the conclusion of the rental period, collect the guests’ payments and send them to your client.
- You should charge for your services. The average cost of Airbnb property management fees is 10%–20% of the nightly rent + cleaning fees or a flat price per reservation.
See our guide on states with free land and grants from the government.
2. Airbnb House Sitting
House sitting is another way to earn money with Airbnb without owning it. Because it allows individuals to travel without having to leave their pet at home, house sitting has grown to be highly popular, especially among pet-owning travelers.
They can stay in someone else’s house or apartment while they’re away and take care of any issues that may arise. For example, you’ll make sure the house stays warm enough in cold weather climates, and the pipes don’t freeze. In addition, you can get their mail, newspaper, magazines, and Amazon deliveries in the evening, so thieves don’t steal it or know someone isn’t home.
3. Rent Furnished Properties
You can also make money by managing and renting furnished Airbnb properties to future guests. It’s similar to managing properties, but you will be the one who has to list, manage, and deliver the keys to guests.
Here are some of the responsibilities when starting and running a utilized furniture rental for Airbnb property owners:
- Verify if your financial status enables you to provide these services before furnishing and renting out a home because doing so can be pricey.
- You will also need to have in place before being able to list your furnished house on Airbnb because the website requires it.
- If something goes wrong, the renters may require your assistance, so make sure you are available to handle your home or property.
- If you rent out your home for an extended period of time, you’ll need to decide whether or not to impose a cleaning fee.
4. Approaching Homeowners Looking to Rent
By approaching property owners wishing to rent out their houses, you can earn money via Airbnb. For investors, homeowners, or builders who have extra properties that are underutilized or abandoned, it is a fantastic opportunity. Also, it offers the owner a opportunity to generate some extra revenue by locating a user.
The following are some useful hints for locating property owners willing to rent out their homes:
- Consult a local real estate investor or influential member of the community about any property owners who could be considering using Airbnb.
- Due to move, some people may be selling their homes, therefore search online for local property sale listings. Until they sell it, you can assist them keep their property while earning additional income from renting it out.
- Find local listings on Airbnb and get in touch with landlords directly if they want to rent out their properties.
5. Become an Airbnb Cleaner
Starting a cleaning company for Airbnb properties is something you should think about if you’re not afraid of hard, dirty job.
Airbnb has over with rentals and over 5.6 million active listings worldwide. There is a huge demand for people who can clean an Airbnb fast seven days a week. Some properties need to be cleaned daily after the guest leaves and before the next one arrives.
Cleaning guidelines for housekeeping services on Airbnb:
- Kitchen: Wipe counters, appliances, refrigerator, microwave, sinks, and cabinets
- Bathrooms: sinks, showers, bathtubs, and mirrors
- Cleaning the living area’s furniture, sweeping the floor, mopping it, and dusting it
- Wash, dry, and put away the dishes.
- Sheets and Towels: Wash, dry, and put fresh sheets and towels back; flip the mattress
- Restock: Refill toilet paper, tissues, paper goods, and consumables
- Trash: Remove and recycle your trash.
- Cleanup: Arrange furnishings, remove clutter.
See our guide on Walmart’s carpet cleaner rental and Publix.
6. Airbnb Experiences
Creating an Airbnb experience is a fun way to earn money on the site!
It means that you’ll be sharing skills and knowledge with guests by offering them various experiences, such as touring the city on a bike, cheap massage deals, or dining at local restaurants.
It’s an excellent opportunity for people who have unique talents or hobbies they want to share with others. For example, if you like arts and crafts, you could offer classes on crocheting or knitting using local materials. You could also by sourcing food from local farms and showing the guest how to prepare new meals at home.
7. Co-Host with an Established Airbnb
By registering as a co-host with an experienced Airbnb host, you can earn money on the platform.
An Airbnb co-host is similar to working for a hotel or bed and breakfast because you’ll be responsible for answering guest messages, greeting them when they arrive at the property, ensuring that it’s clean before their arrival, giving them the keys, showing how things work such as the free unlimited internet, DirecTV equipment, and faraway locations with indoor antennas, sauna, pool, or fitness workout equipment, etc.
8. Become an Airbnb Affiliate
The best alternative for you may be to become an Airbnb affiliate if you don’t want to establish a cleaning business or rent out your own house.
You can earn money by running advertisements for various Airbnb rentals on your website or blog.
To help affiliates get the most out of its affiliate program, Airbnb provides a variety of tools and resources.
9. Airbnb Referral Program
Making money through the Airbnb referral program is another possibility.
You will receive at least $40 for each booking if you recommend someone who completes their first stay using your Airbnb referral link!
To begin, you must register for the Airbnb Referral Program. You must include the demographics of your target audience and information on how you advertise Airbnb. For approval or further questions, you’ll typically hear from a representative in 2 to 3 business days.
How to Make Money on Airbnb Without Owning Property Summary
It is possible to earn money on Airbnb without owning a house. We’ve provided a number of ways to make extra money, including working directly with property owners or earning money through affiliate marketing.
In some cases, you may bring in six figures in 6 months on Airbnb without owning a property. For example, scale your Airbnb property management business in a vacation destination where the owners live out of state. They’re willing to share their profits with you to locally manage their property while they’re away.
Looking for other ways to make money? If so, please check out our guides on the 37+ Quickest Items to Flip for Money and 23 Pickup Truck Side Jobs to Earn Money!