As it becomes more difficult for people to afford homes, the real estate market is becoming more competitive.
Renting out property through internet marketplaces like Airbnb is one way to make money in the real estate industry without owning it. It’s a method to earn money while doing something you don’t even own!
If you’re unfamiliar with Airbnb, it’s an internet rental platform that connects people who have spare living space with those who need a place to stay for a short period of time.
The company was, and now has over 4 million hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion visitors from nearly every country!
Short Answer: To make money on Airbnb, you do not need to own a property. Renting out your space, house sitting unoccupied Airbnb properties, managing real estate, and more are all options.!
Ways to Make Money on Airbnb Without Owning Properties
- Ways to Make Money on Airbnb Without Owning Properties
- How to Make Money on Airbnb Without Owning Property Summary
Here are a few quick methods to generate money with Airbnb.
1. Property Management
Managing other people’s properties is one way to generate money with Airbnb. It can be a terrific choice if you aren’t a property owner or don’t want to rent out your own home.
To work as an Airbnb property manager, you’ll need the following items:
- Through the website, you can register as a property manager.
- Fill out an application and wait for Airbnb to approve it.
- Make a listing for your property management services.
- Find out how to sell your Airbnb property management service to potential customers.
- Rates are negotiated with clients.
- Maintain the property and make sure it’s kept clean and well-kept.
- Deliver keys to guests at arrival and collect them upon departure
- Enforce any age limits, like Hotels that accept 18-year-olds as guests-in or any service dogs that pose a safety risk
- Manage any problems that arise during the rental period; you’re basically a local 24-hour hotel manager
- Collect payment from guests and transmit it to your client at the conclusion of the rental period.
- Set a price for your services. Property management fees on Airbnb are typically 10% to 20% of the nightly charge + cleaning fees or a flat fee per reservation.
See our guide on Free land and government handouts are available in some states.
2. Airbnb House Sitting
House sitting is another option to generate money with Airbnb without owning it. House sitting has grown increasingly popular, especially among people who travel with dogs, because it allows them to visit a new location without having to leave their pet at home.
They can stay in someone else’s house or apartment while they’re away and take care of any issues that may arise. For example, you’ll make sure the house stays warm enough in cold weather climates, and the pipes don’t freeze. In addition, you can get their mail, newspaper, magazines, and Late-night Amazon deliveries, so thieves don’t steal it or know someone isn’t home.
3. Rent Furnished Properties
You can also make money by managing and renting furnished Airbnb properties to future guests. It’s similar to managing properties, but you will be the one who has to list, manage, and deliver the keys to guests.
Here are some of the responsibilities when starting and running a rental company for used furniture for Airbnb property owners:
- Decorating a property and renting it out can be costly, so make sure your financial status permits you to provide these services.
- You will also need to have in place before being able to list your furnished house on Airbnb because the website requires it.
- Make sure you’re available to handle your home or property while it’s rented out, as the guests may require your assistance if something goes wrong.
- You must determine whether or not to impose a cleaning fee, which may quickly mount up if you rent out your home for an prolonged period of time.
4. Approaching Homeowners Looking to Rent
You can generate money by approaching homeowners who want to rent out their homes on Airbnb. It’s a fantastic chance for investors, homeowners, or builders that have underutilized or unoccupied homes. Furthermore, it provides the owner with the opportunity to earn some extra money by finding someone else who wants to utilize it.
Here are some pointers for locating homeowners who want to rent out their homes:
- Consult a local real estate investor or community leader to see whether any homeowners in your area are interested in renting out their homes on Airbnb.
- Look online for local property sale listings, as some people may be selling their properties due to a move. You can assist them in keeping their property while also earning additional income by renting it out until it sells.
- Look for listings in your neighborhood on Airbnb and contact homeowners directly if they want to rent their homes.
5. Become an Airbnb Cleaner
Consider creating a cleaning business for Airbnb properties if you aren’t frightened of hard, dirty work.
Airbnb has over with rentals and over 5.6 million active listings worldwide. There is a huge demand for people who can clean an Airbnb fast seven days a week. Some properties need to be cleaned daily after the guest leaves and before the next one arrives.
Cleaning checklist for housekeeping services on Airbnb:
- Kitchen: Wipe counters, appliances, refrigerator, microwave, sinks, and cabinets
- Toilets, bathtubs, showers, and mirrors are all found in bathrooms.
- Vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, and dusting furniture and floors in the living area
- Dishes should be washed, dried, and stored.
- Sheets and Towels: Wash, dry, and put fresh sheets and towels back; flip the mattress
- Restock: Refill toilet paper, tissues, paper goods, and consumables
- Garbage: Take it out and recycle it.
- Arrange and tidy your furniture.
6. Airbnb Experiences
Become an Airbnb experience host for a unique way to make money on Airbnb!
It’s an excellent opportunity for people who have unique talents or hobbies they want to share with others. For example, if you like arts and crafts, you could offer classes on crocheting or knitting using local materials. You could also by sourcing food from local farms and showing the guest how to prepare new meals at home.
7. Co-Host with an Established Airbnb
Sign up as a co-host with an experienced Airbnb owner to make money on Airbnb.
An Airbnb co-host is similar to working for a hotel or bed and breakfast because you’ll be responsible for answering guest messages, greeting them when they arrive at the property, ensuring that it’s clean before their arrival, giving them the keys, showing how things work such as the free unlimited internet, DirecTV equipment, and In remote places, use an indoor antenna., sauna, pool, or fitness workout equipment, etc.
8. Become an Airbnb Affiliate
If you don’t want to rent out your house or establish an Airbnb cleaning business, becoming an Airbnb affiliate could be the ideal solution.
You can earn money by displaying advertisements for various Airbnb properties for rent on your website or blog.
Airbnb provides affiliates with a variety of tools and services to assist them in making the most of their affiliate program.
9. Airbnb Referral Program
The Airbnb referral program is another method to gain money.
You can earn up to $40 per booking if you suggest someone who completes their first stay using your Airbnb referral link.!
To begin, fill out an application for the Airbnb Referral Program. It needs you to provide demographic information about your target audience as well as information about how you market Airbnb. In most circumstances, a representative will contact you within 2 to 3 business days to request clearance or answer any additional questions.
How to Make Money on Airbnb Without Owning Property Summary
It is possible to make money on Airbnb without owning a house. We’ve highlighted several ways to get extra money, like working directly with a property owner or earning money through affiliate marketing.
In some cases, you a six-figure income in 6 months on Airbnb without owning a property. For example, scale your Airbnb property management business in a vacation destination where the owners live out of state. They’re willing to share their profits with you to locally manage their property while they’re away.