Is your SBI ATM Card missing? Have you misplaced or lost your SBI ATM/Debit Card? You’re pretty much out of luck if you lose your card. So don’t worry, we’ll walk you through the procedures to block your SBI ATM card in this blog. Here’s how to block your SBI ATM Card to prevent identity theft or losing all of your money.
Why should you block your SBI ATM card if it is lost?
- Why should you block your SBI ATM card if it is lost?
- Different Ways to block SBI ATM Card.
- How long will it take to Block your SBI ATM Card?
- Can a Blocked SBI Card be Unblocked?
- Frequently Asked Questions
You must report your SBI ATM card as lost or stolen and ensure that it is stopped to prevent fraudulent or illegal transactions. In this situation, blocking your card is the best course of action. You are less likely to be a victim of fraud or forgery if you block your ATM card as soon as possible.
Different Ways to block SBI ATM Card.
SBI has thankfully provided many options for blocking your cards immediately. You can block your card in five different ways.
1. Block SBI ATM Card through Phone Call
SBI has helpline numbers in India that are available on both mobile and landlines 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call one of these three hotlines to get an ATM card disabled.
2. Block SBI ATM Card through SMS
Another technique for disabling your SBI ATM card in real time is to use SMS. Send the SMS using the phone number associated with your account.
- Compose a new SMS message first.
- Step 2: Enter BLOCK XXXX, where XXXX refers to the final four numbers of your SBI ATM/Debit card.
- Step 3: Fax it to (567676).
Your debit card should be disabled.
3. Block SBI ATM Card through Net-Banking
This solution applies to you if you applied for Net Banking on the SBI website or app and submitted the required documentation at the time.
You’ll need a username and password if you use online banking. To block your card, follow these steps:
- Step #1: Enter your username and password and log in to www.onlinesbi.com.
- Step #2: Select ATM Card Services from the e-services menu.
- Step #3: Choose or click on Block ATM Card.
- Step #4: Select the bank account associated with the card you want to block.
- Step #5: On the following screen, the first four and last four digits of all active and blocked card numbers will be displayed.
- Step #6: Finally, choose which card you want to block and why you want to block it.
- Step #7: Click Submit after double-checking your information.
- Step #8: For identity authentication, choose either SMS OTP or Profile Password.
- Step #9: Finally, select Confirm after entering any of those.
Following successful filing of the request, you will receive a message with a Ticket Number indicating that your ATM/Debit card has been blocked.
Note: Save the ticket number for future reference.
4. Block SBI ATM Card through YONO App
- To begin, log in to the YONO app with your net banking account and password.
- Step #2: Next, on the homepage, go to the Services area.
- Step #3: You’ll notice various options on the following screen. Block ATM/Debit Card is the option.
- Step #4: To continue, the screen will ask for your Profile password:
- Step #5: You will be prompted to enter your bank account details on the screen. Select the account to which your ATM card is linked. There will be an option to select an ATM or Debit card underneath that. Right now, choose the card you want to block.
- Step #6: The last step is to validate, where you must choose between OTP and Account Password. Select the best choice for you, fill out the form, and submit.
The following screen will display a message indicating that your request was successful if you followed the procedures above.
5. Block SBI ATM Card through email
By submitting an email, you can also request that the ATM Card be blocked.
- Step 1: Write an email containing your ATM Card Number and the reason for blocking your card.
- Step 2: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your message.
The card will be blocked, and you will be notified through email or SMS.
How long will it take to Block your SBI ATM Card?
If you utilize one of the methods to block your ATM card, it will be blocked nearly instantly the next day. After your card has been successfully blocked, you will receive a confirmation message. With the same account, you can then apply for a new ATM card.
Can a Blocked SBI Card be Unblocked?
Yes, you can unblock your blocked SBI Card. If you block your card yourself, you’ll need to unblock it at an SBI bank branch. To have the ATM card unblocked, all you have to do is submit a written application along with the cardholder’s identifying documents to the bank.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I block an SBI ATM card by phone?
You can ban your SBI ATM card by calling the toll-free SBI helpline number 1800 11 2211 or sending an SMS to 567676 from your registered phone number.
How can I block my SBI ATM card if lost?
Online Banking, Yono App, SMS, Phone Call, Email, and visiting your bank are all options for blocking your SBI ATM Card.
How to block SBI ATM card offline?
You can block your SBI ATM/Debit Card by sending an SMS to your registered number or phoning the toll-free helpline at 1800 11 2211. You can also have your card blocked at any SBI branch.
How to block an SBI ATM card without a password?
Even if you don’t have a username or password, you can block your SBI ATM Card. To block your card, please call SBI’s toll-free helpline at 1800 11 2211 or send an SMS to 567676 from your registered number. You can also block your card by sending an email or visiting your local bank.
How to block SBI ATM card permanently?
Through Net Banking, Yono App, Mobile Banking, or SMS, you can permanently block your SBI ATM/Debit card.
How can I block SBI ATM card without my card number?
You can send an SMS from your registered mobile phone to 567676, such as
BLOCKSPACE>your card’s last four digits
Consumers can use a variety of strategies to restrict their SBI ATM/Debit card. You are free to select any of the options that are most convenient for you. While you can use Internet Banking, call customer care, and send SMS or e-mail at any time, visiting a branch has some limitations. To have your stolen ATM card blocked, select the most convenient option. I hope you found this essay useful. Our other articles can be found here.