You might think about selling your stuff for a profit if you’re willing to spend money to get extra revenue. You can easily fit this side job into your already hectic schedule. What does it matter if you have a successful business or a 9 to 5 job? Never put a limit on an entrepreneur’s spirit!
Naturally, you can also use flipping as your main source of income if you’re an individual. Some people even go as far as to make a living off of flipping expensive goods with large profit margins, like houses.
But let’s halt for a moment. Not only are we looking for the best items to flip, but we’re also looking for the simplest items.
Do you think you have a market for flipping houses? Then, that is awesome! However, for quick product flipping that takes less money, read this article as your guide for the greatest items to purchase and resell.
How does flipping items for a profit work?
- How does flipping items for a profit work?
- What are the Best Things to Resell?
- 1. Vintage Clothes
- 2. Vintage and Limited Edition Sneakers
- 3. Name Brand Shoes
- 4. Cufflinks
- 5. Concert T-Shirts
- What are the best tips for reselling vintage t-shirts for a profit?
- 6. Vintage Eyeglasses
- 7. Collectible Jewelry
- 8. Watches
- 9. Wood Furniture
- 10. Upholstered Furniture
- 11. Antique Furniture
- 12. Outdoor Furniture
- Home Goods
- 13. Appliances
- 14. Records and Record Players
- 15. Book
- 16. Yard Equipment
- 17. Power Tools
- 18. Other Home Goods
- Sporting Goods and Equipment
- Baby Stuff
- Easiest Things to Flip for Profit Summary
What does it mean to flip items? To put it simply, it’s all about looking for cheap items to buy and resell for a higher price. Flipping stuff to make money takes work and is not a asset that produces passive income.
These days, it is a lot easier to flip the best items to resell. The Internet can help you provide your services to people who do their thrift shopping online. For example, you can set up your own online secondhand store or consignment shop.
What are the Best Things to Resell?
By being more particular about the best items to resell, this post will help you. You never know; you may already have some of these items in your closet, basement, self-storage unit, or attic.
Go through your closet before ordering your secondhand clothing online. Even without money, you can start with a good sense of style.
1. Vintage Clothes
Vintage clothing might be the start of your profession in reselling for profit. Search your attic, storage spaces, and closets for clothing that is still usable. Find out which trends are returning by doing some research, such as the
Vintage fashions are recognizable by their era and at least 20 years old. Sounds awesome, no? Jackie Kennedy-inspired clothing, Izod golf shirts, blazers with shoulder pads, flared trousers, corsets, printed silk scarves, wool plaid skirts, Capri overalls, thigh-high boots, and enormous collars are a few examples of retro clothing.
Don’t waste your time trying to resell cheap trendy clothes. Buyers can usually find high-end brand-name vintage clothing for a reasonable price. Sellers can make money from your old clothes and even those you inherited from your parents or grandparents. You may have to analyze whether the sentimental value trumps the opportunity to make a profit.
What about promoting your designer antique clothing on sites such as Poshmark?
2. Vintage and Limited Edition Sneakers
Not just any sneakers will do if you are flipping on eBay or elsewhere. Besides ensuring that the sneakers are in excellent condition, you should also select limited edition items or even vintage sneakers. The rarer the sneaker (limited supply) and the higher demand make it more valuable. You cannot expect to get a lot of money from sneakers that look like everyone else’s. locations that offer cheap shoes online are not selling limited-edition sneakers!
Here’s a cool about how a college dropout makes fast money reselling sneakers on eBay.
What are the best websites to sell vintage sneakers?
- Sells old sneakers, has one of the lowest resale fees (about 9% + Paypal transaction fees), and interacts directly with customers.
- sells both new and gently worn sneakers, with a preference for focusing on footwear collaborations and exclusivity.
- The StockX platform acts as a middleman, which results in a lengthier payout period and higher fees.
- It began as a New York City sneaker consignment store and lately moved into streetwear. The procedure is simple and requires little overhead.
3. Name Brand Shoes
You can also apply this to other kinds of shoes, such as leather, suede, and more, in order to emphasize the value of choosing branded footwear when reselling for profit. These shoes ought to be at ease and in fantastic shape.
You shouldn’t anticipate making money by reselling pricey shoes from brands like Christian Louboutin, Jimmy Choo, Coach, Gucci, and Prada. It’s uncommon for you to purchase these shoes at a bargain and then resell them for a higher price. Instead, Naot, Doc Martens, Birkenstocks, San Antonio Shoemakers, and Cole Haan are a few of the top name-brand footwear brands to sell on eBay for a profit.
Also, here’s a way to get exchange of free shoes for a review. Make some money reselling the shoes when you’re done with the review.
The fact that this item is on the list might surprise you. Yet, you can simply purchase these at inexpensive thrift shops and even yard sales. For the best resale value, go for vintage cufflinks or choose well-known brands like Tiffany, Cartier, or Hermes.
5. Concert T-Shirts
Concert T-shirts make excellent investments, particularly if the band has a legendary status. People would be happy to be linked with them in that situation. You must consider yourself a fan or a collector of vintage concert t-shirts.
The potential for collecting makes these old shirts ideal items to resale.
What are the best tips for reselling vintage t-shirts for a profit?
- Find comparable shirts on eBay, along with their final sale prices, by doing some research.
- Find out how to tell if a shirt is authentic or a replica that looks like a vintage garment.
- worn Even a t-shirt that is faded, worn, or broken can be profitable. Avoid wearing clothes that have deodorant stains, offensive smells, lasting stains, or strained material.
6. Vintage Eyeglasses
Have you ever noticed old-fashioned glasses in cheap consignment shops? Yes, the pricing are really reasonable. This is due to the misconception that no one wants these accessories. Some people do, though. If you shine them up, vintage-loving shoppers will be clamoring to buy a pair from you. To save money, some folks would just buy them outright.
Have you seen those frames at the optometrist’s office? According to , the average pair of eyeglasses costs $196 and ranges from $50 to over $1,000. They can be very expensive. However, vintage eyeglasses are cheap vs. new glasses from an optometrist.
7. Collectible Jewelry
Despite not being as expensive as gold, fashion jewelry and accessories have a certain aesthetic value. People’s clothing matches a variety of colors and patterns.
You should keep up with the newest jewelry trends by visiting cheap online consignment shops. The worth of the jewelry is occasionally unknown to the vendors as well. For instance, bakelite jewelry is quite common and, depending on its rarity, can be expensive.
See our related article about nearby stores that sell costume jewelry.
Selling watches online may not be as lucrative as selling a vehicle or a house, but it is still cheaper and trickier because there are so many fake watches available. Sign up for online discussion forums to start your education.
According to , the watch market is expected to grow annually by almost 4% over the next several years.
Where are the best places to buy and sell watches online?
- With its search engine, Chrono24 has more than 500,000 watches from more than 120 countries. Over 100,000 watches are sold each month on the watch resale platform.
- Popular watch brands including Tag Heuer, Seiko, and Zenith may be found on WatchRecon, a comprehensive watch search engine. You can make purchases on the website or by downloading the app to your iOS or Android device.
- In terms of items listed and users, eBay is the biggest auction site in the world.
- It’s a great way to locate a deal from a family downsizing or consigning old timepieces from an estate, like a parent or grandparent.
What are the best watches to resell for a profit?
- Since 1970, Casio has been one of the world’s top manufacturers of digital timepieces thanks to its well-known G-shock line.
- Junghans It is a smart investment since it combines German watchmaking excellence with more fashionable modernism.
- Since 1841, Timex has produced a number of famous designs. Customers who want a better night vision in a watch often choose one with an Indiglo backlight.
- Swatch is one of the most well-liked brands among young people, and its new, fashionable models continue to appeal to a wide demographic.
- A brand that has been passed down from generation to generation is Patek Philippe. A Patek Philippe goes above and beyond with its refinement and sophistication thanks to its tourbillons, split-second chronographs, and repeaters with a hand-winded design, even if Rolex is well recognized around the world.
- One of the most well-known watch brands in the world, Omega is a member of the Swatch group. It is well-known for being the official timekeeper for the Olympics, the James Bond Watch, and the first watch to orbit the moon.
- Breitling is a popular watch that pilots and members of the military wear.
- Many business executives who don’t mind donning a $30,000 self-winding watch on their wrist prefer Audemars Piguet’s Royal Oak model, which is the company’s most popular.
By transforming outdated, undesirable furniture into something more useful and attractive, people can gain money. Because of the low start-up costs and numerous opportunities to purchase inexpensive items to improve, furniture is one of the simplest items to flip for a profit.
Where is the best place to buy inexpensive furniture?
The places to get affordable old furniture include yard sales, flea markets, estate sales, thrift stores, and auctions. Also, try online marketplaces like OfferUp, Craigslist, and Facebook Marketplace for local deals. All these options offer you the opportunity to negotiate a low price to increase your profit.
What tools do I need to upcycle furniture?
- Purchase different types of sandpaper, ranging from coarse to very fine.
- The best paint to use on furniture is latex since it covers well, applies smoothly, and doesn’t smell as bad as oil-based primers. Latex also blocks the majority of stains. A satin or semigloss finish is preferable than flat because it offers a greater sheen.
- The ideal paintbrushes for water-based latex paints are those built with synthetic bristles like polyester or nylon. For use with oil-based paints, a natural or mixed bristle is advised.
- Painters tape Use painters tape with a light adhesive that is made for temporary use so as not to scratch the surface. The most widely used brands are FROG TAPE Delicate Surface Painters Tape and ScotchBlue Original Painters Tape.
- With an infrared heat gun, the varnish or stain can be quickly and easily removed and softened. Purchasing an infrared heat gun rather than a regular heat gun results in less heat and less charring of the wood.
- Paint remover As opposed to scraping or heating, the chemical removes paint, varnishes, and coatings from wood furniture.
9. Wood Furniture
You need to have a good eye for fine wood. The most noticeable aspect of real wood furniture is the variation in the pattern of the wood grain. If the grain is entirely smooth and repeats in a pattern, it is most likely veneer.
Think about where the best furniture resale shops are. to support your flipping business.
How to restore and upcycle used furniture?
In many circumstances, used furniture’s appeal and resale value can be increased by simply staining or painting it.
- Old paint can be removed from furniture with a paint stripper, scraper, sandpaper, or an infrared heat gun.
- Whichever method of removal you decide on, you’ll need sandpaper to level out the surfaces.
- Pick the right paint for the furniture or its intended usage before painting it. If you’re using chalk paint, you might need to use a topcoat or sealer for some applications.
10. Upholstered Furniture
Prepare to learn and make an investment in new upholstery when purchasing used upholstered furniture to resell. Find out which trends are thought to be popular right now among your target markets.
The simplest thing to sell for a profit is reupholstering worn-out chairs. You can greatly improve your profitability if you can reupholster the chairs yourself. One or more seats can be easily resold.
Because it’s challenging to remove the smell of smoke from objects, try to purchase upholstered furniture from a home that doesn’t smoke and doesn’t have pets.
How to reupholster a chair for beginners
Reupholstering a chair requires some practice and there is a slight learning curve.
11. Antique Furniture
You might wish to focus on a specific market if you plan to acquire and sell antique furniture. Some individuals really adore antiques. If the antique object completes a collection or enhances the aesthetic appeal, they are willing to spend more.
Here are some of the top locations and retailers for used furniture purchases. These are eBay and Craigslist alternatives that specialize in home décor.
12. Outdoor Furniture
The materials used to make outdoor furniture should be weatherproof. Therefore, look for people who are in good shape for their age. To exhibit the furniture to your potential customers in a presentable manner, always scrub away dirt and stains.
How to repaint outdoor metal furniture with spray paint?
How to restore outdoor wood furniture
How to restore outdoor aluminum furniture
Take a look at your home. You might even come across things that you can repair, put back together, or use otherwise to sell.
I have friends that take special care with their old appliances and have done so for years. You can later resell them if you do the same with yours.
Instead, you need to learn where to purchase inexpensive used appliances if you want to flip other people’s appliances. Purchase quality items. I’m referring to products that are being sold again not because they are broken but rather because the prior owners desire to purchase new ones. If you know how to fix appliances, you’ll be able to get even better deals.
Many utilities incentivize customers to sell their outdated refrigerators for cash. Some utilities only offer free haul away, while others also offer cash or a rebate. Maybe take an advertisement in the local newspaper offering people $30 and free haul away service for working refrigerators. Then clean it up and resell the fridge for a profit.
Why are appliances one of the best things to flip?
- All appliances, including a refrigerator, washing machine, and air conditioner, are necessities. You’re catering to a sizable market that requires the absolute minimum.
- Most people seek because they need to replace a broken item, which is an urgent need. With less time, they can negotiate a lower price.
- Big and Heavy – Most sellers don’t try reselling appliances because they are cumbersome and heavy to move. It severely reduces your competition. It’s a great side hustle if you have a pickup truck to generate income.
What tools do you need to flip appliances for a profit?
To acquire the tools needed to resell used appliances, a small investment and a little creativity are required.
- Pickup Truck You need to borrow a pickup truck from a friend or member of your family if you don’t possess one. Give them a cut of the price every transaction or a fixed rate for using their car to move things.
- Two-Wheel Appliance Dolly You must have a reliable convertible hand truck to transport the large appliances.
- Four-Wheel Dolly This is used to transport objects up and down stairs or long distances.
- Ramp – The ramp is used to get things on the truck like refrigerators, freezers, house humidifiers, and stoves.
- Basic Tool Kit To remove components, you’ll need a tool kit with screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, and other tools. On rare occasions, you might have to take the refrigerator door off in order to pass through a door frame.
- Moving Straps They ease the pressure on the arms, hands, and back when carrying large objects.
- Tie-Down Straps These are high-end ropes that keep things in the rear of your pickup or moving vehicle steady and stop them from shifting.
14. Records and Record Players
Vinyl records are still popular, even though records and record player technology are old. In 2020, vinyl record sales continued to rise over 29% to $619.9 million vs. 2019 and .
Although while it’s not necessary, it helps if record dealers are also fans of music. The value of limited editions and specialized record expertise, however, can help you make a higher profit when reselling. Likewise with record players.
What makes a record player expensive?
- Turntables that are heavier will absorb vibrations better.
- motor suspension for a heavy-duty motor
- Belt The platter is being spun by an outer perimeter belt to improve the sound by lowering motor noise.
- a wooden platter with a vinyl top instead of a steel one
- The motor can run more precisely and at a constant pace thanks to the electronic speed controller.
- Tonearm with a precise bearing and carbon fiber construction
How do you take care of vinyl records?
- Put your hands away from the record.
- Do not wet play it by misting it with water.
- Avoid putting your records on a stack. Music will be warped as a result.
- To repair ripped jackets without using tape, use poly outer sleeves.
- Before removing the record from the player, let it finish stopping fully.
- Use only the cleansers, sprays, and cloth that are advised.
See our guide on How to Find Local Vinyl Record Sellers.
Books are frequently offered separately. Books can occasionally be found in limited book sets. Collectors may want to purchase various book sets from the same well-liked series because they come in different designs.
If you plan to sell book sets, consider what your prospective customers might want. Do they want the limited edition boxes themselves, or would they prefer if you bought the books separately and created your own set?
Alternatively, you can resell free books sent via mail for a profit. Some organizations send free educational books, which you can resell once you complete reading them.
16. Yard Equipment
Sure, you may sell your dependable yard tools for a profit. You can have a lucrative side business or even make a living if you’re willing to move heavy machinery around for repairs.
Look through your garage for items you no longer need or haven’t been using. Operate each piece of equipment to see if it is still functional or if repairs are necessary before reselling. To make the equipment presentable for resale, clean, paint, or polish it.
For some good offers, you can also browse Craigslist, eBay, Facebook, or eBay’s alternatives. A Reddit user recommended purchasing yard tools in exchange for a couple beers. Some people simply wish to sell their belongings so they can purchase a new model. For instance, someone might choose to purchase a sizable snowblower or trade in their old gas-powered lawnmower for a brand-new electric one.
Buy yard equipment and then sell it during the busy season. For example, you should buy snowblowers in the spring and sell them in the fall. Also, buy lawnmowers in the fall and sell your lawnmowers in the spring to make more money. Buying and selling yard equipment on Craigslist is one of the most lucrative cash jobs available undercover.
17. Power Tools
Power tools cost a lot of money. Because used power tools retain their value when sold, they make good investments. Everyone wants and needs power tools in their home because they are valuable items. Buying them used will enable you to save money.
Things to know when buying and selling power tools
- Inspect to see that the power tools are in good operating order.
- Condition Look for signs of wear and tear or to see if the issue is merely cosmetic and easily remedied.
- Complete Verify that the bundle includes all required accessories.
- Name Is Important Many consumers own favorite brands over others because of their reputation or cost.
What is the resale value of power tools?
An excellent guideline for used power tool value is:
- 85% to 95% of the original cost in excellent condition
- 75% to 85% of the original cost in good condition
- 50% to 75% of the cost of the original in average condition
- Condition Below Average 35% or less of the original cost
Where are the best places to buy power tools?
- Plan on haggling with the pawnshop salesperson. Pawnshops prefer to carry better known brands and higher quality items.
- Garage sales Although the quality will vary, you might be able to find the best value on power tools there because homeowners are often clearing out their basement and garage.
- Flea markets While a garage sale and a flea market are comparable, the seller at a flea market is likely to be more knowledgeable and skilled in negotiating.
- Find out if there are any live or online local auctions in your area.
- Thrift shops Their range will be smaller, and the quality and dependability of the power tools will probably be worse.
- Look for good deals in the tools and equipment category of newspapers and internet classifieds.
- Try online marketplaces like Amazon, Overstock.com, eBay, and, for refurbished power tools, Overstock.com. Before purchasing on a marketplace for used goods, look at the reviews and seller rating.
- Retail store – Retail stores sell discounted power tools that are refurbished, open-box, or on clearance.
18. Other Home Goods
Almost anything you have at home can be sold for a profit. Consider your old canning jars, rugs, vintage Pyrex, vintage barware, mugs, teacups, and any other household items you may locate.
If your resale things are one-of-a-kind, quirky, and enjoyable, it will be simpler to attract arty consumers. If some of your items seem a little too generic, don’t worry. Their resale value can be raised by applying a little paint, polish, and cleaning.
Sporting Goods and Equipment
The best things to acquire and resell for a profit are sporting goods and equipment. If you’re also very interested in sports, it’s a useful specialty.
19. Sports Jerseys
Sports jerseys in limited editions will always be in demand. The numbers of retiring and illustrious sportsmen can be found on jerseys you can purchase and trade. Conversely, you can stay with more recent and well-liked jerseys. Someone will undoubtedly look for the jersey of their favorite athlete. To increase demand for your products, try to stick to more limited-edition items.
What are the best tips for buying the right sports jersey to resell?
- Sports Football, baseball, basketball, soccer, and hockey are just a few of the sports that attract a lot of spectators and fans.
- Condition Every item’s condition affects how much it will cost to sell.
- Know which players are the most well-liked ones. A Babe Ruth New York Yankees baseball jersey that he wore, for instance, sold for more than $4 million in 2012.
20. Sports and Exercise Equipment
One of the best items to buy and resell is sporting goods. For a variety of reasons, including inappropriate size, color, model, style, or didn’t meet expectations, items are returned.
As long as the sports equipment is well-taken care of, you should be able to resell it. You can sell to secondhand stores like Play It Again Sports. They buy used home exercise equipment like elliptical trainers, kettlebells, recumbent exercise bikes, treadmills, upright bikes, and resistance bands.
Check your equipment closet if you are a retired athlete to see whether you are prepared to part with any of it. Of course, it’s possible that you’ll wish to give the equipment to someone else, perhaps your child. But, you can use the money you make from flipping sports equipment to enhance your gear and buy new alternatives.
21. Sports Memorabilia
Sports memorabilia is another item to check for at thrift stores if you want to find more stuff to sell. There will always be someone interested in what you have available on consignment as long as there are collectors. But, it is advised that you learn more about the worth of the memorabilia you choose.
Ticketstubs, autographed sports goods, vintage shirts and hats, bobbleheads, championship rings, pictures, trophies, and helmets are a few examples of sports memorabilia that can be sold.
22. Vintage Sportswear
Okay, so this might not have been on your radar for the top eBay items to sell. It seems that retro sportswear is fashionable. Unexpectedly, people don’t purchase vintage athletic clothing to wear it. Instead, customers smooth them out and set them in a wooden frame with glass. Collectors enjoy displaying them on walls.
23. Baseball Cards
This one shouldn’t come as a shock. You might need to search your basement and attic for the childhood baseball cards you bought. If you can, inquire about your father and grandfather’s collections.
For 40–50 year olds who are returning to the hobby and have extra money, baseball collecting has become a more popular hobby. Also, as a result of their developing economies and rising disposable wealth, Europe and Asia have seen an surge in demand for basketball and soccer cards internationally. Sports were substituted with cards during the pandemic, and sports leagues were shut down.
You can find the most valuable baseball cards to trade by doing some research.
How to find baseball card values for free
You may learn how to use eBay to get free sport card values by watching this video.
Electronics are among the simplest items to sell for a profit because of their continuous release cycle. New items are always being introduced, and some consumers sell their outdated devices as soon as a new one is available. This presents a business opportunity for resellers.
24. Vintage Electronics
Popular vintage electronics include turntables, VCRs, portable FM radios, boomboxes, Walkmans, cassette players, Hewlett-Packard programmable calculators, cheap faxes, and landline desk phones.
At garage sales, flea markets, and consignment stores like Goodwill, you should be able to find some affordable vintage electronics. Most people are throwing out outmoded items carelessly when cleaning out their basements with boxes of outdated equipment.
For instance, a used turntable might cost you roughly $20 at an estate auction. You can probably sell a quality record player on eBay or at a turntable secondhand store for at least $100 to a music enthusiast.
Furthermore, if the complete item is not particularly fascinating, vintage electronics can also be sold in pieces. It can be challenging to find replacement parts for older electronics.
25. High-End Electronics
High-end electronics, like select Samsung Galaxy phones and Apple goods, are some of the best items to resell. Items like MacBooks and iPhones typically maintain their value and can be sold for just a little markdown over their initial price. Even Amazon has no trouble selling these products in refurbished form.
There’s an opportunity for retail arbitrage for beginners. Find a local seller on Craigslist who wants to sell a year-old phone or good laptop because they want an even newer model. Know where the model is consistently selling on eBay and buy the item well-below the resale price.
What are the best tips when buying and selling used electronics?
- Before paying the sale price, carefully examine the device to make sure it performs as advertised. If something has a flaw, is missing an accessory, has no packaging, or has a flaw, haggle a lower price.
- Know Your Expenses Purchase it at a price that allows for shipping, selling costs, and a reasonable profit for you to assume the risk.
- Build a solid reputation if you plan to consistently sell your electronics for a profit online using retail arbitrage. Resale prices will increase in direct proportion to your rating and review scores.
- Photographs & Details After the object has been cleaned up, take a variety of close-up and far-away pictures from all sides. Any flaws should be displayed, and you should be as transparent as you can. Explicitly describe the device. I think it’s helpful to let folks know if something is from a non-smoking, non-pet home. If the product has been in a protective case from the start, that is advantageous.
High-end electronics are more likely to be profitable than conventional electronics, which are mass-produced as disposable goods.
26. Photography Gear
You are well aware that photography equipment is pricey if you take images as a hobby or for a career. Hence, before getting rid of your old equipment, find out how much it would cost to sell it.
Cameras, lenses, camera cases, tripods, and electronic Speedlight flashes are the main accessories to think about. You can sell them for a quick profit if they are still in good working condition.
One of the most lucrative ways to earn money is by flipping used cars. Everyone wants to save money wherever they can because transportation is expensive. To start earning money right away, start reselling cars and their components.
27. Fun Motorized Vehicles
Motorized products include golf carts, ATVs, jet skis, snowmobiles, dirt bikes, Segways, and more.
What ties all of these things together? These motorized goods are all different forms of recreational vehicles that are bought impulsively and for fun. Most owners simply want to sell it after the excitement is over and don’t spend much time haggling over a price. They can be upgrading to a new model, moving, or changing activities as the reason for selling. Additionally, be ready to benefit from motorized vehicle rush sales.
I advise choosing a particular motorized vehicle to specialize in and become an authority on, such as jet skis near a lake town or golf carts in southern communities. You can confidently know where to buy and resell to make a profit once you become familiar with market pricing.
Biking is a popular activity in the US as a leisure activity and a mode of transportation. As of 2017, over are bike riders. There are over 3,700 specialty bicycle retail stores in the US and over 17 million unit sales per year.
You might think about reselling expensive or even historic bikes. You aren’t required to stick to these, though. Garage sales frequently have bicycles for sale. They may no longer fit children, or the adults may not have enough time to ride. Adults today might sell their old bikes to upgrade to electric models. It is simple to resell them for profit.
Some prospective customers are eager to purchase their first bike or a used bike for their children. Why purchase a new bike for your children when you know they will outgrow it quickly?.
How much money do you need to start flipping bikes for profit?
You should be able to get a couple of secondhand bikes at a garage sale for anywhere from $50 and $200. You might need to spend some money on replacement parts or small fixes.
29. Car Parts
Consider selling the car parts if you are getting a new car and are unable to sell your old one due to its general condition. Sometimes older parts that are no longer manufactured are still available for purchase. For individuals who want to maintain their older vehicles, you can provide an fantastic service.
The most that sell online are wheels, tail lamps, side view mirrors, alternators, power steering pump, speedometer, air conditioning compressor, and motor control module.
Surprisingly, you can even find locations nearby where you may sell unwanted car batteries for cash. You’ll make some quick cash, and they’ll repurpose or recycle the battery for you.
It’s best if you had some mechanical know-how to buy parts from garages and scrap yards nearby.
A toy is not just for children. Some grownups amass toys for their own amusement or as investments. Buyers of toys can be young or old.
30. Collectible Toys
Some toys endure and end up being collectors. If the vintage toys are still sealed in their original packaging, you can sell them for more money. Make sure they are tidy and well-groomed. If so, the best items to resale and have fun with are toys.
What are examples of popular collectible toys?
Beanie Babies, Lego sets, Barbie dolls, diecast cars, Star Wars artifacts, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Teddy Ruxpin, Pez dispensers, Hot Wheels, Thundercats action figures, Rubik’s Cube, Muppet action figures, Cabbage Patch Kids, Nintendo, American Girls dolls, Power Rangers, Polly Pocket, early Harry Potter books, and Pokemon Cards are some examples of collectible toys.
31. Vintage Board Games
The best items to buy and resell are old board games because they are obscure and affordable. Stacks of board games are a common sight in basements and attics of homes. Moreover, garage sales may have nice deals for unassuming sellers.
What are the best board games to flip for a profit?
These board games’ earlier iterations in good condition include:
- The Queens Gambit from Star Wars
- Space Hulk (original version)
- Haunted Mansion by Disney
- Dark Tower
- Longest Day
- Lost in Space
- Haunted House
- The Goose Game
- Fireball Island
- Risk (40th Edition)
- Catan 3D Collector’s Edition of Settlers
- Game of Elvis Presley
- Collector’s Edition of “War of the Ring”
The value of some vintage board games from the 1960s and 1970s can be very high. In general, the older a board game is, the better condition it is in, the more dust it has, and the higher value it has.
32. Video Games and Consoles
Consoles and video games are undoubtedly among the top items to sell for a profit. Gamers appear to be willing to pay virtually anything for classic and sentimental games. Despite having 3D graphics, the new consoles lack this.
For example, a sealed Super Mario Bros can sell for $100,000-$115,000. Several other Nintendo classic game cartridges sell for thousands and tens of thousands of dollars. Even Nintendo re-released its original 1985 with 30 games like Pac-Man and Donkey Kong. I was one of those people trying to buy it, and I waited almost a year because the only ones I could get my hands on were marked-up on eBay for hundreds or thousands over the retail price.
Sellers were able to quickly sell it on eBay for a profit because of the nostalgic appeal, particularly around the holidays. Instead of buying the console for children, most adults did so for themselves.
Infants develop so quickly. Thus, rather than storing them in a closet or discarding them, their clothing and equipment are some of the best items to resell. With over 4 million kids being born in the US each year, your target market is expanding every single day.
There are many places to online freebies without spending a dime, and local places like Goodwill and garage sales to get cheap stuff to flip.
33. Baby Clothes
Babies are born and outgrow their clothing even when everything is upside down. If used baby garments are clean and in good shape, they can be sold again. With upscale baby clothing, your chances of making money are higher.
Consider visiting if you’re wondering where to sell used baby clothes for cash near me. Bring in all your gently used children’s stuff, including clothes, shoes, baby gear, furniture, and toys. An employee will make you a cash offer based on the item’s condition, style, and safety.
The general rule of thumb when pricing baby clothing is to list them for 25%–50% of the original cost.
34. Baby Gear
Baby supplies are pricey! Additionally, children outgrow things quickly. A baby might transition from a bassinet to a crib to a children’s bed with guard rails, for instance.
One of the best items to buy and resell for a profit is gently used baby equipment.
What is popular baby gear to resell for cash?
- Cribs The price of a baby crib can range from $100 to $1000 depending on the brand and quality.
- Cradle or bassinet The majority of bassinets cost $150 to $250.
- Home changing table Prices range from $100 to $200 for a changing table.
- Costs for Pack n Plays range from $100 to $300.
- Swings for babies Standard or portable swings for babies can cost $50 to $150.
- The brand and sophistication of a baby carrier for hiking might cost between $100 and $150.
- Baby seats and chairs The price range for a high-quality baby chair is $60 to $200.
- Halloween costumes for children Costumes for children can cost $20 to $100. The demand for adorable used costumes is high.
What are the best sites and apps to sell baby stuff online?
During the epidemic, selling goods in person made online baby gear and clothing sales more lucrative.
- The online store, thredUP, was established in 2009 and offers top-notch used apparel. It’s a terrific area to market mass-market brands like Gymboree, Gap Kids, and Disney to upmarket names like Dolce and Burberry. A free thredUP Clean Up Kit with a pre-paid shipping label can be ordered by sellers to consign their items. Depending on the product’s quality, seller fees can range from 20 to 95 percent.
- OfferUp OfferUp is a Craigslist substitute that links buyers and sellers in the neighborhood. A straightforward photo, description, and price are all that are needed to sell items on the marketplace. If a deal is reached, you may choose to use OfferUp to mail the item or use Craigslist to meet a nearby person.
- Poshmark is a sizable online marketplace for used goods that focuses on clothing. Whenever an item is sold, the website conveniently offers sellers pre-addressed shipping labels. For purchases under $15, Poshmark charges a fixed price of $2.95; for purchases exceeding $15, the commission is 20%. Shipping costs range from $4 to $7 for consumers.
- Nearly 200 million buyers compete for your business on eBay’s resale platform to get the best price. One of the most widely used methods of making money off of the sale of goods. eBay often charges a sellers fee of 10% or less.
- Since 2014, the Mercari app has connected buyers and sellers of upscale baby apparel and equipment. With Mercari, a site similar to eBay, vendors can post their goods along with a description, image, and price, as well as choose who will pay for shipment. When the deal is finished, the seller’s fees are merely 10%.
Name-brand strollers are very expensive, especially double and triple strollers. Chicco, Bugaboo, Maclaren, Mockingbird, UPPAbaby, Nuna, Cybex, Stokke, and Silver Cross Balmoral are the best luxury stroller brands that maintain their resale value.
According to the , kids usually stop using a stroller around three years old. A top stroller brand in good to excellent condition can sell for 50%-65% of its original retail price. Selling a stroller is one of the best items to flip on Craigslist.
To receive top dollar, be sure to carefully clean it and remove any stains.
Why do high-end strollers cost more?
Due to the following factors, mid- to high-end strollers have a substantially better resale value:
Higher quality, longer-lasting materials were used in their creation.
Smoother rides have better overall quality.
Functionality Ingenious design decisions like air-filled wheels or an adjustable handlebar
Convenience Lighter materials and easier folding were used in the design.
What is the average cost of a baby stroller?
One of the most expensive and frequently used pieces of infant equipment is the stroller.
- A typical stroller costs $50 to $300.
- Costs for all-terrain buggies range from $120 to $300.
- Luxurious items cost above $700 and hundreds of dollars.
If a stroller is built with two or three seats, it will cost more.
The best items to purchase and sell can occasionally be found in the most unexpected places. Here are a few ideas that will undoubtedly make you money.
36. Scrap Metal
By selling your garbage and carting away others, you can make several hundred dollars each month as a side hustler.
Here is a helpful video for beginners on how to generate money by scraping metal.
Frequently, scrap collectors can simply obtain scrap metal for nothing and turn a 100% profit. Some yards and garages are cleaned out thanks to the practice. You must, however, responsibly salvage scraps. Check out if your town permits it. A salvaging license may also be necessary in some locations.
We have a descriptive guide with 14 steps to find nearby cash for scrap metal.
37. Event Tickets
I always thought ticket scalping was illegal. Though, online event ticket flipping is legal, except in Kentucky and Michigan. According to the , the average ticket broker makes almost $50,000 per year with an expected pay increase over the coming years.
How to resell a ticket to an event for a profit?
- Buy It Purchase tickets for a popular event that you anticipate selling out at a website like Ticketmaster. Concerts, sporting events, the arts, musical productions, comedic performances, and family-friendly activities like ice skating are all examples of ticketed events.
- List It Post your tickets on a resale website like SeatGeek, Vivid Seats, Stubhub, or TicketsNow. While determining ticket prices, take seller fees and profitability into account. The capacity of the venue, the date, the day of the week, the hour of the day, the seat location, the location of the venue, the popularity of the artist, the event’s age restrictions, the number of performances, and the sellout rate are important considerations when estimating demand for your tickets.
- Sell It After tickets are all sold out, buyers will visit ticket resale websites, and you will profit greatly. After the transaction is complete, the majority of resale marketplaces will send your payment via PayPal.
Where to Find Things to Flips for A Profit?
These are typical locations near you where you can discover inexpensive items to sell for a profit:
- Alternatives to Craigslist, eBay, OfferUp, Facebook Marketplace, and Craigslist
- Online thrift stores
- Local consignment shops
- Church sales and yard sales
- Auctions and estate sale cleanouts
- Flea markets
- Garbage pits (yes! In such places, you can also locate treasure.)
Easiest Things to Flip for Profit Summary
Buying and reselling stuff for money is a terrific side hustle. People earn big bucks when the flip is successful. Local consignment shops, established Shopify sites, online reseller marketplaces, and resale apps can help flippers make six figures and occasionally seven figures.
To generate a lot of money, you don’t always have to invest in pricey items like automobiles and homes. Get a solid reputation for yourself, gain expertise in finding the best deals and prices to pay for items, and set up a system for displaying your items rapidly so you can start making money right away.
In conclusion, finding deals can be profitable—not for your own use, but for flipping. Even if you operate a different business or a regular 9 to 5 work, you can still make this additional revenue. With more effort and perseverance, the few hundred bucks extra per month might grow to thousands. Of course, if it proves to be very successful, you can also think about using it as a potential full-time source of income.